S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part IV

Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

For the CR the hardtop is an OEM part and you cannot buy OEM tops new anymore. It's still classified as an accessory I believe even though it's OE on every single one. If there was a way around it and you could order new Black OEM tops someone would have found a way around it long ago.

A local had been trying to get his hands on a CR trunk lid for his wing (He had a regular AP2) and that took him forever to find.

Moral of the story. Don't wreck your CR.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Duplicolor Trim Paint is a perfect match to the OEM black badge color.

Crappy cellphone pic to bump the thread I scuffed the chrome coating with 400 grit sandpaper, used acid etching primer and they have yet to show any signs of wear.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM

looks good, how long have they been painted? Did you take them off to paint them?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 PM

I'd say they have been on for about 500 or so miles worth of mixed driving and lots hand washes. Not enough mileage at all to be a real test of durability but I couldn't have prepped them any more thoroughly. Sand, clean with denatured alcohol, spray with acid etch, wetsand, denatured alchol again, spray with three light coats of the trim paint (tack cloth in between to remove any dust) and let cure for several days. In stead of painting the badges that were on the car I ordered new badges, then just swapped them over including new plastic retainers for the trunk. They are easy to take off as long as you take your time. I just cut the posts on the back of the front badge to get it off and never replaced the clips as the adhesive backing is more than enough to hold it on. Total cost of about $60.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by zetarhopike
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Duplicolor Trim Paint is a perfect match to the OEM black badge color.

Crappy cellphone pic to bump the thread I scuffed the chrome coating with 400 grit sandpaper, used acid etching primer and they have yet to show any signs of wear.
NICE! I thought about satin black for the body H's, but went with matching APB. Still may change to black. We'll see. I did the steering wheel H in satin black though to blend in with the black Alcantara wrap.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by zetarhopike
I'd say they have been on for about 500 or so miles worth of mixed driving and lots hand washes. Not enough mileage at all to be a real test of durability but I couldn't have prepped them any more thoroughly. Sand, clean with denatured alcohol, spray with acid etch, wetsand, denatured alchol again, spray with three light coats of the trim paint (tack cloth in between to remove any dust) and let cure for several days. In stead of painting the badges that were on the car I ordered new badges, then just swapped them over including new plastic retainers for the trunk. They are easy to take off as long as you take your time. I just cut the posts on the back of the front badge to get it off and never replaced the clips as the adhesive backing is more than enough to hold it on. Total cost of about $60.
great job thinking about doing the same to my rio CR as well. Already have black wheels and this would complete the look.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I've wondered why Honda didn't just give the CR black H badges from the factory seeing as how the S2000 and CR badges are in black. Makes sense to me
Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Go2

Originally Posted by FurY
I've wondered why Honda didn't just give the CR black H badges from the factory seeing as how the S2000 and CR badges are in black. Makes sense to me
Agreed
Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 AM

What really makes me wonder is why the satin exhaust tips didn't make it over from the prototype.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe Honda stuck with chrome badges either, and I hate that nobody offers a factory-replacement in black. I plasti-dipped mine, but need to re-do them since I put one too many layers on.

Quick Reply: Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part IV