S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Fluid Change

Old 01-25-2012, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Fluid Change

So I heard that all you have to do is open your hood and suck out the clutch fluid from the resivor and refill it a few times and you should be good to go?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 AM

Just did this job about a week ago... Use a pump or siringe to suck out the old fluid. Have a second person pump the clutch while you are under the car at the bleeder valve on the slave. OPen valve, have person press clutch all the way down close valve and then raise the clutch. Keep an eye on the fluid level to make sure it doesnt go too low and starts circulating air back into system. Repeat steps till all air is out...

Dre
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I suck out the old fluid with a turkey baster... cleaned up the goo in the reservoir with a clean lintless paper towel and some q-tips, fill reservoir and then put a clear line on the slave bleeder and used fresh fluid until it gravity bled clean. Top off to max line... Done.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 AM

i gravity bleed/flushed it with ate super blue worked like a charm
Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by 04S2kSS
Just did this job about a week ago... Use a pump or siringe to suck out the old fluid. Have a second person pump the clutch while you are under the car at the bleeder valve on the slave. OPen valve, have person press clutch all the way down close valve and then raise the clutch. Keep an eye on the fluid level to make sure it doesnt go too low and starts circulating air back into system. Repeat steps till all air is out...

Dre
This is the "traditional" method I recently used to bleed my clutch as well. However, I have seen Billman recently post that all you need to do is suck out the old fluid and replace with fresh fluid until it is clear...
Old 01-25-2012, 07:09 AM

Yup, thats what I do. Use a turkey baster to suck out the old fluid, clean out the reservoir and refill with new fluid. done.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by NFRAP2
Originally Posted by 04S2kSS' timestamp='1327504279' post='21350656

Dre
This is the "traditional" method I recently used to bleed my clutch as well. However, I have seen Billman recently post that all you need to do is suck out the old fluid and replace with fresh fluid until it is clear...
Now when you suck out the old fluid, you are doing it from the top resivor in the engine bay? Also do you do pump the clutch or do you just drive it around and do it again and again?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by BrutalDawg
Originally Posted by NFRAP2' timestamp='1327507647' post='21350827
[quote name='04S2kSS' timestamp='1327504279' post='21350656']

Dre
Now when you suck out the old fluid, you are doing it from the top resivor in the engine bay? Also do you do pump the clutch or do you just drive it around and do it again and again?
[/quote]

I'd like to know this as well. bump.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:09 AM

Yes, Suck the old fluid out thru the Resovoir in the engine bay. here is the link that I used the first time as a guide...Its really simple to do, you will realize as your doing it that its so easy even a cave man can do it...lol.

No need to drive the car.

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=12154
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Billman said that you dont even need to go as far as bleeding the lines. Just suck the fluid wipe it clean and pour new fluid. Press the clutch a few times, and then top off.

Apparently all the oil fluid from the lines makes its way back to the reservoir again.
The following users liked this post:
Mike in Detroit (03-11-2018)

Quick Reply: Clutch Fluid Change