S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

My Last Bits of Black and Blue Interior Added

Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,458 Posts
Default My Last Bits of Black and Blue Interior Added

I just got my e-brake and armrest back from JPM Coachworks, these are the last two bits of my black and blue interior transformation, so my interior is finally complete. My interior was all black. I swapped in some blue ap1 seats and the blue center console cover, the rest was JMP Coachworks leather upgrades - steering wheel, sunvisors, door card inserts, shift boot, elbowpad, and e-brake. It's hard to get nice pics of the parts with my hardtop in place as it is quite dark in the cabin, and my camera tends to exaggerate some of the blue colours, but they match the suzuka blue very closely when seen with the naked eye.

The e-brake and armrest feel really nice. They added a little nub of alcantara just around the e-brake button which is a cool little touch, the armrest is nicely padded and feels very comfy, nice touch with the black and blue embroidery too. I can't say enough about JPM Coachworks, they have been great to deal with and they do amazing custom work, you ask for it and they'll do it, Joe and Alex have been very helpful during the project.

Pics below:

Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great. Love the steering wheel. I think you have one too many "s2000" logos for my taste but other than that I love it.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by S2k007
Looks great. Love the steering wheel. I think you have one too many "s2000" logos for my taste but other than that I love it.
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I have 3 logos in the interior, I thought the sunvisors would look cool when you flip them down and the logo is visible from the exterior windshield, they aren't too noticeable when they are up as my interior is kinda dark.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:28 PM

How much did it cost you to wrap the steering wheel like that? I see you did it at JPM coach works. Did you have to send your wheel in to get it done?

I also see in the clazzio thread that you had the all black with red stitch covers. Why the switch?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:29 PM

How much did it cost you to wrap the steering wheel like that? I see you did it at JPM coach works. Did you have to send your wheel in to get it done?

I also see in the clazzio thread that you had the all black with red stitch covers. Why the switch?
The steering wheel is very expensive, but cost was no object to me when I did it,but I wouldn't expect too many people to shell out that much for a steering wheel, it was something I wanted to do though. It is more expensive than getting an aftermarket wheel but this way I get to keep my airbag which is most important. My oem wheel was damaged by the previous owner who must have worn rings on their hands and it was badly scuffed. The wheel is about $425 US plus shipping (check their website for updated pricing to be sure), so not cheap at all. But you get top notch leather, and it is thickened up, and all the custom colours and stitching you can think of are available to you. My steering wheel feels perfect, it wouldn't look out of place in a Porsche or some other high end automobile. JPM Coachworks had some S2000 steering wheel cores on hand, so they made one up for me and I sent them my oem wheel after I got the new wheel, that keep the downtime to a minimum. Joe Pavich from JPM owns an S2000 and is a member on here (Cyclon36), so they have some spare core parts for the S2000 most of the time and they know how everything works on these cars.

You are right about my interior colour change, long story but here it is. I initially ran a black and red stitch theme in my interior. My factory seats were a bit worn when I bought the car so I went with black and red stitch Clazzio seat covers, from there I did the center console to match with black and red shift boot and black and red elbowpad. I then found a guy selling some new suzuka blue seats that were absolutely mint , I loved the seats but didn't quite envision how I could get them to go with my car. I bought the seats anyhow as I couldn't resist them, then I began my quest to get a black and blue theme. This is how I ended up where I am, lol. I've got a couple pics of my black and red stitch theme below, I was able to sell my console and seat covers to a local member.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 PM

Ah, I see. I was about to ask you if you were selling the seat covers and elbow pad as well.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 AM

One reason I like to use jpmcoachworks.com , there is very little of their artisan type work left in today's dollar store type of society.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:47 PM

^Yeah I have their center console cover and shifter cover in black/red stitching. Looking for some black/red stitching clazzios to match.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:00 PM

^Yeah I have their center console cover and shifter cover in black/red stitching. Looking for some black/red stitching clazzios to match.
I love the look of an interior that is black leather and red stitch, it's a timeless combination that never looks dated I'd still have it in my car if I didn't desire some new seats.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi JFUSION,
Nice job on the color scheme combination, looks very clean and sharp.
odd question for you, did you have any thoughts on possibly adding a third color, the reason I ask
is because I recently purchased a Suzuka Blue and the interior is not all that bad, but it does look a bit dull so I wanted to change it up a bit,
I like contrast so was thinking of going with adding some more black, like the seats for starters
(will probably go with Clazzio covers in black, not sure on the stitching yet).
I'm still playing with color combinations in my head, so any suggestions you might have would be great.
thanks.

Quick Reply: My Last Bits of Black and Blue Interior Added