S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTuning Install & Review - Unbiased & Packed w/ Pictures

Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_S2K
wasnt this car on ebay? i remember the mach 5 scheme.
Not that I know of, he bought the car a few years ago and had the doors painted and the M on the hood.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man i have same kit no issues yet, have anymore pics of the oil cooler setup? i ordered oil cooler and some lines for the oilcooler, saved alot money doin myself then ordering their oilcooler kit. .
Old 04-13-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Forgotten on the pros list: Reliable to track when using oil cooler set up. Fast spool.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great writeup & diagrams. When do you get tuned?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by metros
Forgotten on the pros list: Reliable to track when using oil cooler set up. Fast spool.
Yeah I have seen your video's and was super jealous, your car is very clean, it is soooooo nice to see a quality build!!! I can tell you that I look forward to at minimum getting a ride along at the track this summer in the car.

I know you and many others have had good reliability with the kit but as with anything I am skeptic until I see it for myself. However I do believe it will be as reliable or better than most other kits including superchargers, unfortunately only time will tell.

As for the spool, I did not find it to be any quicker than many of the cars that I have built/driven in the past. The spool it’s self was not much different than the bottom mount 5865 0.63 A/R or sidewinder 5857 0.63 A/R or 6262 0.63 A/R but I would say the transient response was better. Overall a better feel than anything but the Greddy in that respect. I am excited to get the car on the dyno and overlay the new and old curves versus all the cars I have on file included Greddy, Inline Pro, SOS, Vortech, Mase Kits……. I am anticipating that the spool with be similar to the Mase 6262 0.63 but hold torque longer through the upper RPM band.

I personally would probably be more interested in a GT28 for the track if I was going to use a turbo again.

Name:  DarylVsScott.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  50.3 KB

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
Great writeup & diagrams. When do you get tuned?

Evan's is Etuning the car now and as soon as that is complete we will hit the dyno and double check the timing and fueling using a reliable wideband.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM

great choice i went evans etune stopped 13psi runs great !
Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 PM

In for more reviews.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 PM

Updated
Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MisMyS
The coolant lines to the turbo started leaking at the turbo. Based on what I can tell from pulling off the lined the rubber was just too hot and melted in the banjo bolt regardless of the heat shielding. We did not have time to do this but I would recommend making new 5-10" steel leaders to move the rubber line away from the turbo.
My coolant lines also started leaking at the turbo (banjo fittings)......I contacted PTuning and they sent me a new replacement hoses w/fittings right away, but within a month or so it started to leak again. They said that they have never seen this issue arise in any of their kits before and apologized. I had then just asked them to send me new crush washers as I thought the problem was that their pre-tension clamps did not put enough clamping force to create a perfect seal. I had then purchased a set of clamps from McMaster-Carr but I have yet to install those. Scott, I think that your right about those rubber lines getting too hot by the turbo. I am glad I saw this updated review before I went ahead a dropped the turbo again just to change the clamps.

Where can I buy those steel leaders that you mentioned above?

Thanks

Quick Reply: PTuning Install & Review - Unbiased & Packed w/ Pictures