UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Cumbria meet, Lake Windermere Sunday July 29th 2012

Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cumbria meet, Lake Windermere Sunday July 29th 2012

The meet will be a Honda only meet, it will take place at the Low wood watersports centre between Windermere and Ambleside at 11am on Sunday July 29th 2012.

The plan for the meet is to meet up for a couple of hours and then go for a drive, we will print off direction sheets for everybody so you won't find out where the drive is too until you turn up but i can gaurantee it will be a very special drive with us having many of the best roads in the UK, it will end at a pub for a couple of drinks and some food if you fancy it.

The drive isn't compulsory, your more than welcome to just turn up for the meet.

We would appreciate as much support as possible with this as we know the Honda scene in the North is nothing like the south but theres a lot of people that seem to be craving a bit more of a scene around here and if the turnout is good this time i'm more than happy to arrange some more in the future in various locations. Plus it would be good to meet a few more local faces.

I'll be posting this on all the Honda forums i'm registered too but if your on one and don't see it posted feel free to copy the thread and repost it on other Honda forums to spread the word.

There will be a few ground rules.

The watersports centre have been good enough to let us use there carpark so please treat it with respect i.e put any rubbish in the bins and no wheel spins,handbrake turns or dohnuts if you have an s2000 or nsx lol. Basically just don't drive like an idiot in their carpark.

As for the directions the postcode for the Low wood hotel is LA23 1PL, the watersports centre is on the opposite side of the road on the waterfront, You need to go in the gates and just follow the road around to the end, there are 2 car parks and the meet will be taking place in the furthest car park from the Entrance.

and just incase you need any additional information:

http://englishlakes.co.uk/watersports/index.aspx

A few people have already confirmed or expressed interest but feel free to add your name to the list so we can get a rough idea of people.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 AM

So as it stands the list of people definitely coming is as follows

Mcr-vtec

1 Rage 'n bull

4guk

1 SuperDOHC

Civiclife

1 jdm.alex

ek9.org

1 jamie_mac99
2 ellis (ek9)
3 hersh l (fd2)
4 robbie (dc5)
5 Jack24 (ek9)

civictype-r.co.uk

1 bornlucky1
2 beefwilder
3 smithylee
4 lankyboy
5 ragingspeedhorn

plus 15+ people interested over our facebook page.

I'll keep the list updated as it goes and i've posted on a few more forums today
Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 AM

Sounds good Ash,

The Mrs and I stayed at Low Wood for a few days in February and it was all excellent.
(especially the outside hot-tub in a raging snow blizzard !!)

We will try and make it but we do have a few commitments around this time.
Probably not the best time of year for a 'blast' around the Lakes but would be a great Honda get-together.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Same here for a maybe :-). Over that way next week so keep your eye out for a white CTR with S20 plates
Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 AM

Well it would be good if you could make it Yeah i'll keep my eye out for you, i'm sure i won't miss a white ctr driving around here
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 AM

Please add Lou / Carol to the list of definites.

We are taking the caravan to Coniston for a week so I'll bring the S2000, and Carol is towing the caravan.
(It may be the other way around but we'll see you all at Low Wood on the 29th).
Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM

Cool, i'll see you there
1. Carol
2. Lou
Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 AM

Would be nice to do the lakes again if the weather is good. As I live just north of London, I will drive up on the Saturday if the weather on Sunday looks dry!

Ash (thats me not you!)
Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ash d-series
The meet will be a Honda only meet, it will take place at the Low wood watersports centre between Windermere and Ambleside at 11am on Sunday July 29th 2012.

The plan for the meet is to meet up for a couple of hours and then go for a drive, we will print off direction sheets for everybody so you won't find out where the drive is too until you turn up but i can gaurantee it will be a very special drive with us having many of the best roads in the UK, it will end at a pub for a couple of drinks and some food if you fancy it.

The drive isn't compulsory, your more than welcome to just turn up for the meet.

We would appreciate as much support as possible with this as we know the Honda scene in the North is nothing like the south but theres a lot of people that seem to be craving a bit more of a scene around here and if the turnout is good this time i'm more than happy to arrange some more in the future in various locations. Plus it would be good to meet a few more local faces.

I'll be posting this on all the Honda forums i'm registered too but if your on one and don't see it posted feel free to copy the thread and repost it on other Honda forums to spread the word.

There will be a few ground rules.

The watersports centre have been good enough to let us use there carpark so please treat it with respect i.e put any rubbish in the bins and no wheel spins,handbrake turns or dohnuts if you have an s2000 or nsx lol. Basically just don't drive like an idiot in their carpark.

As for the directions the postcode for the Low wood hotel is LA23 1PL, the watersports centre is on the opposite side of the road on the waterfront, You need to go in the gates and just follow the road around to the end, there are 2 car parks and the meet will be taking place in the furthest car park from the Entrance.

and just incase you need any additional information:

http://englishlakes.co.uk/watersports/index.aspx

A few people have already confirmed or expressed interest but feel free to add your name to the list so we can get a rough idea of people.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM

Hello,

I'm a Honda enthusiast of many years.

As family circumstances have changed over the years I've owned an 2.0 Accord saloon, a 2.0 Accord Coupe, a wonderful 2.2 Vtec 4th generation Prelude and last October I finally got to my dream, a drop dead gorgeous Formula Red S2000GT, hardtop stored away in the garage as it's that time of year.

The Windermere meet has caught my eye, and so I've registered to maybe even just post this one message. I'm/we are tempted. There's plenty of MG/Morgan/TVR/Marcos etc. stuff happens up here for mature folks, but that's not us.

Would Cath and I, young at heart early 60 year olds be out of place amongst what might be a "dude" gathering?

Quick Reply: Cumbria meet, Lake Windermere Sunday July 29th 2012