S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Mportracer33's turbo build

Old 07-08-2012, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mportracer33's turbo build

Hello everyone. I have been gathering parts for my build over the past 2 months. I parked the car and put it on jack stands 2 weeks ago to begin the build. Here is a rundown of the parts I'm using and the progress I've made so far.

2006 NFR AP2 with 48,000 miles
Trackforged turbo kit. All exhaust components ceramic coated black. Charge pipes powder coated wrinkle black.
Precision 6262 journal bearing. T3 .82ar turbine. 4an nomex feed line, 10 an return into timing chain cover
Tial 44mm wastegate
3 inch downpipe
Tial 50 mm Bov
Trackforged intercooler
Hondata flashpro
SOS 4 bar map
Ptuning oil/vacuum distribution block
ACT hdss street disc with ap1 flywheel, ap1 slave cylinder
DW 300 fuel pump
ID1000 injectors
Plx wideband
Autometer boost and oil pressure gauge
Hondata boost solenoid.

I might be missing some things on the list. I haven't decided on the exhaust situation, might get a custom 3 inch made.

Catch can will eventually be purchased. At this point I cringe every time i look at the bank account before a purchase lol. Oh well.

The first day, my buddy and I tackled the clutch install. Everything went smooth, luckily I had done it once before on my ap1. Top starter bolt gave me zero issues this time.

Day two we did the fuel pump, which I've never done on an s2k. Again, not as bad as everyone made it out to be. It sucked cramming behind the roll bars, but was pretty simple. We had to modify the 06+ fuel pump outlet tube to make the aftermarket one fit correct, but thanks to s2ki we figured that out pretty easily. We then moved on to the timing chain cover. Removed the crank pulley bolt using the special honda tool and huge breaker bar, oil pan and about a thousand 10mm bolts along with all the pulleys. Threw the new cover on, oil pan and a bunch of Honda bond.

We also put the arp exhaust studs and manifold on.

Day 3 we clocked the turbo and got everything lined up correctly. bolted everything down and moved on to charge pipes/intercooler. With a bunch of trial and error and measuring, we lined up the intercooler to fit well in the front bumper and drilled 2 holes in the front bumper support where we attached intercooler with some nuts and bolts. We had to make something that would hold the 06+ iat sensor in the charge pipe under boost. My buddy used a left over coupler with a hole drilled out that goes around the charge pipe with the sensor through the hole. It's solid and will work for now. More info with pics on this soon.

Threw the injectors in, map sensor and my SOS hood dampers lol

Now one of my favorite parts of this build is the ptuning oil/vacuum distribution block. It attaches to the top 2 bolts for the timing chain cover. I really can't say enough about this part. It makes life so easy and looks awesome. It uses a line from the factory oil pressure sensor port to feed the oil block. My feed line for the turbo is about 8 inches long coming off of it. My factory oil pressure sensor and Autometer sensor also feed off of it. Next door to the oil block is the vacuum block for all your needs. Cleans up the engine bay greatly, no brass t fittings and a jungle of vacuum lines anywhere.

We put the turbo blanket on and wrapped the downpipe. I'm waiting on a 2.5 inch vband clamp because precision uses a 3 inch outer diameter exhaust housing on the t3 with their own style vband flange which makes a 3 inch vband clamp to big. So downpipe isn't on yet.

I'm also waiting for my return line and fittings to arrive, so I can't really start her up yet without those two things.

I installed my Plx wideband gauge above the start button and the autometers on the pillar.

I need to send my ecu to hondata tomorrow to have them modify it so I can use the boost control feature. Has anyone done this and used the flashpro for boost by gear? Hopefully it will work like a charm.

I was planning on doing a full write up during my install with a shit load of pictures, but once I got going I forgot all about it. I was just excited to get stuff done.

Any comments or advice for things I need to look into are appreciated. My power goals on 93 pump is around 450 whp. I'm on the stock head gasket and studs. E85 may be in my future. For tuning, I'll be heading to Charm City Tuning here in Maryland, Mike Sweeney is a great tuner. Here are a couple pics, I promise to add more soon. Btw, beer is a must during these types of installs, or any other time for that matter.

If anyone is interested in buying that arc heatshield let me know, it probably won't fit now.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:56 PM

Good lord, didn't mean to post this here. Can someone move it to the forced induction forum. Sorry, stupid tapatalk
Old 07-09-2012, 04:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed. beer plus install = good time. cant wait to see results.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribed
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good
Old 07-09-2012, 12:28 PM

looks good! Good luck with the build!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Looking great man.. Reminds me of my car sitting on stands
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good move on the oil drain. I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Love that pic of the car on the jackstands; it looks like it's flying!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM

Thanks everyone. I've decided to have Mike Sweeny of Charm City Tuning build me an exhaust. I'm thinking straight 3 inch stainless with a dolphin tip turn down at the rear. With a burns or vibrant straight through resonator in the middle somewhere.

Also, has anyone used the pre loaded flashpro calibration for the id1000's? I'm going to load that up and try to drive it to the shop which is about 45 minutes from my house, staying out of boost of course.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 PM

Looks beautiful can't wait to see final results. Quick question how did the inter cooler piping fit on the passenger side? I had todo a lot of trimming and fangelling to get the piping to fit nicely through that a brace inside the fender.
-Chris

Quick Reply: Mportracer33's turbo build