Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Level One - MY07 LGP Build - Updated Photoshoot!

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Level One - MY07 LGP Build - Updated Photoshoot!

So I've admired many S2's on s2ki. It's been about a year now since being an S2000 owner and so I figured I'd start a build thread on how the car has progressed so far.

I never planned on modding the car too much so I decided to buy my buddy's car which had a few mods already.

Wallpaper friendly...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Here's how the car looked when I decided to buy it. I actually wasn't looking for another blue car, but it happened anyways.
It had coils, rims, overfenders, clutch/flywheel, and other touches here and there.

First day at her new home sitting beside my current daily/winter car.

I peeled the Lamin-x off the headlights, but found that it also peeled off the top layer of the lens. It also made hairline cracks, which got worse. First things first, replaced with OEM.

My EK used to be my track car and one of the primary reasons I bought an S2 was for track… Quite a different experience with my first FR layout, but I loved it! www.sigmatimeattack.com
Along with my first track day was my first/second mods. Defi gauges from my old car and a Bride Vios III.

Changed out the faded Spoon knob for a J's Racing knob

RGII's were always a favourite rim of mine. Picked these up. 17x9 +45

The paint was in need of some TLC so I gave it a high speed polish and a nice wax. Being a detailer has its perks />

Here are my current wheels. This was when I test fit my buddy's SL's… Thanks Danio!
18x10 +30 on 225/35/18, 245/35/18 Eagle F1 Asymmetric

My favourite piece on the car has to be the Spoon bumper. Bought it used. It was in rough shape and cracked, but the bodyshop brought it back to life!

Wiring the fog lights, fitting, and done!

Just a height comparison: OEM w/ lip VS Spoon

Here she is with new wheels and diffuser! I had a Spoon diffuser on my EK, but this time around I opted for the Voltex. Glad I did!
Regrettably, I decided to stop tracking for the year. I LOVED how the car looked slammed and flush.

Along the way, I picked up these little babies… Burnt titanium bolts for my steering wheel. I have to say it made such a big difference…

After months of scouring the internet, I finally found my NSX-R horn button from a member here…

Old 07-11-2012, 02:37 PM

I realize there are tons of pictures lol... Just going to cut this in 2 posts to minimize ridiculous quotes...

Anyways I had my first feature for illmotion! http://illmotion.com/im-feature-james-honda-s2000/
A big thank you to IM and Galen Wan for the pictures

I went to a car show and got suckered into buying a sub setup, but no regrets!
Currently running with an Alpine deck, Polk components, Rockford amp/sub

AT LONG LAST… my Vertex wheel arrived from Japan! Limited 7-Star… The details in this wheel are just amazing!
Instantly carried over my horn button and titanium bolts I also picked up a Works Bell short hub for a cleaner look.

Matchy Matchy… The Level One guys and a few others got me this for my birthday! Best gift ever… seriously.

Bride Knee Pads… something else I waited a long time for! Nice bolster protection

A shot with a few other Level One cars at Toronto's 2012 Fitted Meet by Stretch & Poke. Here's a link to the video…
http://www.stretchandpoke.com/offici...se-2012-05-27/

Another shot from CSCS, a trackday/show & shine…
Level One takes 1st, 2nd, 3rd place at the S&P Fitted competition! My first time winning anything lol...

After almost a year of restoration and aesthetic mods, another Spoon piece…
Strut tower bar and engine torque damper… Couldn't feel much of a difference with the strut bar, but the ETD feels great!

I started going to a lot more meets this year… Here's Danio and I at Ertefa, a freaking huge weekly meet. Literally, this thing is massive… like 1000+ cars, it's just insane!

A behind the scenes look at shooting our Level One video with Backstage Productions…

My latest Spoon piece… new clappers

My latest Voltex piece… I've been looking for this wing for over 6 months. It had to be the single deck, widebody version, 1700mm.
I'm still looking for 275mm stands, but that's for later. Not everyone's cup of tea, but personally I love the damn thing!

So I finally picked up something for my sides… My front and rear were getting too intense lol.
RX7 side diffusers

Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick car and well done, love the ek too
Old 07-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Holy shit great build!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by s2kep3
Sick car and well done, love the ek too
Originally Posted by shehatezme
Holy shit great build!
Thanks guys
Old 07-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow this build is intense, I love everything so far, keep it going
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 PM

I need to see this new setup in person, too intense!!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Love build threads!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:27 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Sickkkkkk, looking good James.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM

In all honesty, this is top tier stuff. Awesome man.

Quick Reply: Level One - MY07 LGP Build - Updated Photoshoot!