California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Need Soft Top Repair Recommendation around LA/OC

Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey folks,

My 03' s2k soft top needs to be replaced (several tears.... already patched it three times. Girlfriend's tired of the wind noise). I just need to replace the canvas top and the sliding washer: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/oem-p.../86385-s2a-000

Recommendations and price estimates greatly appreciated. Would like to find someone in Pasadena/Burbank/San Fern. Valley area... but am willing to go further south if they do good work and price is right.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do soft top replacements. I can proudly say we have the most experience being an s2000 specialty shop. Local dealers have outsourced us for s2000 soft top replacement a few times now

Located in Ontario off 15/10 fwys
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
try AJ's auto upholstery in Northridge.. AJ repaired my top a few times before i had him replace the whole thing..
How did the replacement top work out for you? I got a quote for replacement parts + labor. Price sounds awesome... too awesome in fact Did you (or anyone replacing top with these guys) have any problems with:
* glass window seals
* wind noise
* tears
Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

made the appointment for aj's for sat. hopefully the patch turns out well. thanks for the tip.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Orpheus
made the appointment for aj's for sat. hopefully the patch turns out well. thanks for the tip.
How was your experience at AJ's? I need to get my soft top replaced and was thinking of taking it there. Advice?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 PM

Also interested in how they did with the replacement.....just got my first tear
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM

OP, can you comment on the work you had done.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Gatsbee13

ill chime in...i got my top patched at AJ's a few times.. what he does is patch the inside with material he cuts off from a larget set (not sure if its vinyl, but the color is black).. he uses a hot yellowish glue to patch the inside first with that material, then marks the tear on the outside.. he uses black silicone to seal the tear.. he usually does a pretty clean job.. if your going to AJ's, request that he does it and not his assistant (who does not do as good of a job).

AJ also replaced my top with a robbins for a very good price and did a pretty good install.. he warrants his work for the life of the top..
Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 AM
zet

Does the silicone blend well with the rest of the top? Anyone who got it patched mind posting pictures?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM

I got the Robbin's Canvas top replacement from AJ's 3 weeks ago. Very happy to be able to hear people talk in car again.

Price was great. I left my car with him over weekend while I went on vacation, car was ready when I got back.

I'm very happy with the quality of Robbin's top for the price, the install at AJ's - my car looks brand new again

After 3 weeks, a few rain storms and taking the top up/down a few times, some differences in Robbin's top:
* Occasional wind noise on the driver's side.... originating just above the seat belt area. Starts to kick in around 75mph.
* Occasionally the wind hits the car a certain way... and you hear a vibrating-sounding wind noise coming from roof area between the two drivers seats - between the steel bars.
* Robbin's top leaves little (1/8 inch) fabric hairs around the glass. They have to be trimmed off.

Quick Reply: Need Soft Top Repair Recommendation around LA/OC