S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR numbered badges/plaques for in car?

Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default CR numbered badges/plaques for in car?

One of the things I loved about the ITR when it came out was how they numbered/badged each car with a plaque in the vehicle. Since Honda didn't give us badges or plaques for inside our CR's to designate which number they are and it is a limited production run car, I was wondering if it would be possible for us to get plaques/badges made for ours? Maybe someone knows someone who could do this and we could setup a group buy? Just a thought... I haven't given consideration as to where I would put it in the interior but thought it could be a nice touch for our CR's.

Similar to the ITR badge is what I was thinking:

Old 10-27-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

my buddy knows someone who custom makes aluminum badges. if your interested illl hook u up.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jst2878
my buddy knows someone who custom makes aluminum badges. if your interested illl hook u up.
Care to provide details and pix?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by AP2CRazy
Originally Posted by jst2878' timestamp='1351382223' post='22112883
Care to provide details and pix?
Agreed, I'd be interested. I'm picturing something like the "S2000 CR" emblem with the S2000 above the CR in the same style as the badging on the side of the car and then the production # underneath. Reference the ITR badge I posted above... but replace the "Integra Type R" with the stylized "S2000 CR" and that's kinda what I had in mind if possible.

Style of the "S2000 CR" I'm talking about:

Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Something like this could be pretty cool. Where would you install it though?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Something like this could be pretty cool. Where would you install it though?
That's the problem, I'm still struggling with where I would actually put it. I was kinda thinking underneath the latch for the glove box, but it might look out of place. Or perhaps between the shifter (say where 3rd gear is) and the radio door on that U-shaped textured area... wouldn't see it if the door was open though.

If I can get the badge made I'll find a good place for it
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Here are two ideas. We already have door sill plates specific to the CR, the area just to the right of these would work for adding a duplicate badge with the same font/style as the existing one. Or my other thought is how about a round button type emblem that would replace the soft top "dummy" switch in the center console. It's a small area, but would blend in well and look the most original if done right.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this idea, count me in if it looks professionaly done
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Here are two ideas. We already have door sill plates specific to the CR
We do ?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Here are two ideas. We already have door sill plates specific to the CR, the area just to the right of these would work for adding a duplicate badge with the same font/style as the existing one. Or my other thought is how about a round button type emblem that would replace the soft top "dummy" switch in the center console. It's a small area, but would blend in well and look the most original if done right.
I like the round button idea for the soft top dummy switch. Due to the decreased size, maybe something simple like "CR # XXX" with the CR on top and the number underneath would be good. I'd love it if we could get something stamped or etched in so it looks more official, rather than printed.

Also, the door sills are the same for all S2K's if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply: CR numbered badges/plaques for in car?