Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

RTD 2013 (Formerly WTD)

Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RTD 2013 (Formerly WTD)

So I'm basically gonna copy Sam's format from our WTD discussion from the spring. It's about that time to start thinking about The Dragon again, and here's some of the basic info to get started.

As the title states, it's April 12th-14th @ Fontana Village as always. The registration info is here: RTD Registration Registration closes March 15th, so there is plenty of time as of right now...

www.fontanavillage.com for info on lodging.

The past couple years we have met up Wednesday late morning and driven down to Ohio to meet up with that crazy group and have a delicious dinner coupled with bromancing time. Then we stay at a decent hotel and drive the rest of the way as a group of 30+ S2000's which is amazing and 1/2 of the fun of the trip in my opinion.

Cincy Caravan Sign Up Thread: It's Here!!!

Cincy Hotel Info: The Holiday Inn Newport is where we have stayed the past couple of years. It's just a mile or two from our meet up the morning of the caravan to the dragon.

Dinner Location: Before we have eaten @ The Montgomery Inn which was delicious, and it's big enough to hold everybody in one room.

It's pretty early still, and I don't see anything posted up as of yet concerning the Ohio caravan or the hotel/dinner plans, so the above is just speculation at this time. I will try to keep this updated as much as possible.

Also, tell me you don't want this awesome magnet from the event. So cool...

Those planning on going:

Registered list:
ChrisM623 +1
hecash
Elvi_s2k
Vadster
sam_spider
JHo
ScrapDog
PTHermes
CBLude
Mocky
F1nWRCFan
nicholastjs
ruexp67
z_speed
aCab
2PointSlow
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those planning on going:

Timbagoo +1
2PointSlow
ChrisM623 +1
z_speed
Scrapdog
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Those planning on going:

Timbagoo +1
2PointSlow
ChrisM623 +1
z_speed
Scrapdog
Kamron +1 (perhaps with 2 dogs and 2 cars this year )
Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to wait to start my new job in January then I will know my plans.

I also have an interesting idea to get down to Fontana a little quicker on Thursday. For those of us who just stop to get supplies and get to Fontana, I'd like to leave the hotel around 9, ahead of the Cincy caravan that rolls down to the park grill. This will split the group into more manageable sizes, and allow us to not stand around for a long time waiting and waiting and waiting. Plus we might get there in the afternoon, get set up and maybe get a drive in. Just an idea.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,637 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo

I also have an interesting idea to get down to Fontana a little quicker on Thursday. For those of us who just stop to get supplies and get to Fontana, I'd like to leave the hotel around 9, ahead of the Cincy caravan that rolls down to the park grill. This will split the group into more manageable sizes, and allow us to not stand around for a long time waiting and waiting and waiting. Plus we might get there in the afternoon, get set up and maybe get a drive in. Just an idea.
I'm still undecided on this, but I'm being persuaded to.

I like your idea John, although I like the caravan, the time wasted is a bit much, plus the inevitable stupid shenanigans along the way I could do without. There's no reason the UMW couldn't do their own caravan.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:26 PM

I need a dragon fix and plan on going. I may even make a week long event of it.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/995462-rtdbtd-2013/

Looks like they are planning to start in Virginia and work thier way South.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Originally Posted by JHo' timestamp='1356042768' post='22222633

I like your idea John, although I like the caravan, the time wasted is a bit much, plus the inevitable stupid shenanigans along the way I could do without. There's no reason the UMW couldn't do their own caravan.
I must say that I do agree. The Canadian rock-throwing rear diffuser comes to mind, and the Del Slo's muffler disintegrating on the highway.

Last year we had enough of us to make our own caravan without any problem, and it looks like we will have a good sized group of our own this coming year too. The group drive is fun, but it may be more so because I just like to see S2000's leading off into the horizon rather than actually having to try and keep up with some of those crazy Ohio people. They do give out a cool magnet tho.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 145 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Timbagoo
Originally Posted by sam_spider' timestamp='1356056503' post='22223018
[quote name='JHo' timestamp='1356042768' post='22222633']

I must say that I do agree. The Canadian rock-throwing rear diffuser comes to mind, and the Del Slo's muffler disintegrating on the highway.

Last year we had enough of us to make our own caravan without any problem, and it looks like we will have a good sized group of our own this coming year too. The group drive is fun, but it may be more so because I just like to see S2000's leading off into the horizon rather than actually having to try and keep up with some of those crazy Ohio people. They do give out a cool magnet tho.
[/quote]

hey! just kidding..i love the magnets too
the caravan is fun.... i hate the lineup on the freeway onramp.. they really really need to cut that out...i've brought that up for 5 years now and they keep doing it.. don't line up on the onramp leaving hooters.. don't do it leaving berea... you are going to one day kill someone...
Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything that's been said. It's an awesome experience to cruise along with so many S2000s, but it's difficult to manage any group that size, plus one person can ruin things for everyone (although that's possible in any group)

IMO, the biggest delay is inevitably at the Arby's stop in Berea. I'd be fine with a separate, largely UMW group splitting off to Fontana directly from there.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 145 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider

I'm in the same boat... minus the being persuaded part...

I feel like I could make it up for one of the UMW gtgs and see 85% of the people I would want to see down at the Dragon.

Quick Reply: RTD 2013 (Formerly WTD)