Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

'03 S2000, Black, 132k miles, Texas

Old 03-23-2017, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX: '03 S2000, Black, 132k miles, $10,000

Name: Ty
Price: $10,000

3rd owner, clean vehicle history, no accidents!

will do a trade for a jeep cherokee xj, 2nd gen toyota 4runner, or a chevy c/k 1500 pickup + cash. anything like those or an older tacoma, tundra, ranger, k5 blazer, scout ii, cj5, cj7, etc. would be considered also.

You'll be hard pressed to find another AP1 or another S2000 that is in this condition. Always loved and adored through my ownership. I hope you'll do the same and get involved in the very active S2000 owners groups and community.

The only ever modifications are a set of the AP2v1 ('04-'05 MY) wheels most coveted by fellow S2K owners, Stop Tech stainless steel brake lines and Street Performance brake pads, K&N air filter, Berk test pipe, and what's known in the community as the "UK Exhaust Mod". The combination of the UK mod and test pipe provides a nice snarl when cruising and a stupid smile inducing laughter when getting on the throttle. There's no rasp or drone like with aftermarket exhaust systems and the volume isn't too loud - its just right. Other S2000 owners have voiced their envy, and regularly compliment and inquire about how the exhaust has been tuned so perfectly. There is no emissions inspection in my county, but incase you don't have that luxury, I will throw in the OEM catalytic converter. Also, I have the original '03 wheels, the OEM rubber brake lines and pads, the old convertible top, and other stuff

The original convertible top had the notorious tears common in all S2000s. It was replaced and upgraded with the higher quality Robbins canvas top in late 2015, retaining the glass back window with defroster. The clutch system was completely replaced with Genuine OEM Honda parts in Jan 2017 by Cleo Bay Honda. The warranty on the parts and labor should be transferable. I would verify if you'd like. I have the receipts for the clutch, and I believe for the top as well. I think I even have a box of receipts for all sorts of things: FULL synthetic oil changes, BFGoodrich SportComp2 tires, window tinting, etc. Other newish parts include having replaced the chipped, O2 sensor, and worn windshield and a new master brake cylinder.

Here are some of the negatives you should be aware of:
- lower front bumper is slightly chipped up and slightly damaged (see detailed photo). you could simply install a Honda OEM lip or have it repainted. I would advise against doing an unnecessary replacement, because the bumper has a VIN and you want to maintain the collectible value. Its your car though, do as you wish!
- tiny little ding on driver door from another car door hitting it. (see photo)
- Driver seat bolster has the common s2k wear.
- ac and heat works, but could be a little colder to be honest.

I'm sure I'm forgetting cool things about the car and having the pleasure of owning one of my dream cars. I'm not really wanting to sell it, especially since this collectible is only gaining in value. But life happens. Haha! If you have any questions or would like to hear stories and see years worth of photos, do not hesitate to contact me.

As for the sale: if you're in central Texas I can drive to you, or we'll have to meet if you're way out there in Odessa or something. The car is still under finance and the lienholder is USAA. Therefore, loan will have to be payed off before the title is released. To make sure we're both protected and our minds are at ease, a certified check or wire from your financial institution made out directly to mine is probably the best. Once I receive confirmation of payment being cleared, I will give you the car or have it shipped, a bill of sale, possibly a limited power of attorney, and whatever other documents your DMV (if outside of TX) may need. Another way option is to utilize an escrow service who will facilitate the transfer of ownership and ensure neither of us gets screwed over. Their fees are usually around $100. Finally, I can have my attorney draw up a contract or whatever other legal docs.

go button!

common wear and tear.
curbs, man. curbs.
parking lot ding.
tearing up the dragon in the wet!
another cool photo from tail of the dragon.
you'll find berlina black is an uncommon color.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:30 PM

$1,000 price drop!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:44 AM

found an xj that i want so here's another price drop just for you, s2ki! $11,000!!!
Old 03-31-2017, 11:26 AM

friday bump! make an offer.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:15 AM

Is the s2k in California or Texas atm?
Old 04-03-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by KITBOI826
Is the s2k in California or Texas atm?
texas.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM

final price drop $10,000 FIRM
if it doesn't sell at this price than i'll trade it in at a stealership. yes, I'll probably get less than $10k, but it'll also save me the hassles that go along with selling privately. look around and be honest. there aren't other s2000s out there in this condition selling for anywhere near as low as $10,000, even with the flaws that it has. i'm sure the stealership will turn around and list the car for $14k as is. buy from me now or pay more later.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:15 AM

only if you were in california
Old 04-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by KITBOI826
only if you were in california
it's originally a california car bought from lancaster honda (i have the original literature). i am the 3rd owner. was living in monterey and bought a one way flight to la to buy it. bring it back to home to cali! i can help you with the shipping.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:19 PM

a local dealership REALLY wants the car and they're offering me $11,000 if i trade it in for any vehicle on their lot. problem is they don't have anything in their inventory that i'd be excited about. they're willingly to buy the car straight out for a little less, but i don't want to help them make a profit. i'd rather one of you get a great deal and save the cash for mods.

the dealership does have an old subaru outback for pretty cheap. the thought of putting lifting it onto 30-32" all terrains, fitting some bumpers and other parts, and gearing it up as an adventure/expedition/camping rig is slowly enticing me. hahaha! random and potentially badass. definitely would be a good conversation starter out on the trails.