Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Terminator Genisys

Old 08-27-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Terminator Genisys

This thing has a convoluted plot, sure time travel can be that way, but this time it's just a mess. Arnold is back and plays the role very stiffly and without too many chuckles, although he has some famous lines to share for sure. I don't care for the characters, we have seen them in various forms before played by better actors.
The script,well the film just goes on too long and tries to do too much story telling with too many characters. Cameo by Matt Smith of Dr. Who fame, total waste of a good actor . We go down terminator lore memory lane quite a bit. Many of the situations are clones of ones we saw in the first and second film,although there is an attempt to bring in some new menace. you know when Arnold gives the explanation for stuff happening that's it's just filler. Nice shots of the city by the bay.
Sure you may want to see it....i can't give it more than a 1 outta 10 for lots of stuff blowing up
Old 08-27-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I think 1 out of 10 is a little overboard. I agree with all of what u said. If ur a terminator fan u will find some enjoyment . The action is good, the cgi is good, and the only thing I don't agree with u is arnold nailed his part as usual. I didn't find him stiff at all. And there were quite a few chuckles especially the penis joke to Reese. The rest of the characters were completely forgetable. The story is a complete mess, that makes little to no sense. I didn't buy sarah or Reese at all. Terrible acting. No connection between them. Just bland bland bland. I give the movie a 5.5 for the action and arnie