Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Club Autocross #3 (Final Event of Season-Only $10)

Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Autocross #3 (Final Event of Season-Only $10)

This is one event that you can't (or at least shouldn't) pass up - The last autocross of the year (and possibly the clubs last) at a dramtically reduced price. We are due for perfect weather. Mark your calendars now, register and spread the word concerning this event. If you have never been to one of these events, it is a must even if you don't intend to drive. Simply riding with others, can be a life changing experience.

What: NTS2KOC 2008 Championship Autocross #3
When: Saturday October 18, 2008
Where: Mineral Wells, TX - Click Here for Map
Registration NOW OPEN: We have not been able to fix the communications problem between PayPal and DLB Racing so please complete BOTH of these simple steps. Note that On-line registration is preferred and will be limited to 60 drivers. Payment will be accepted at event if you cannot pay on-line. If you cannot pay on-line or if you paid for our last autocross (cancelled), go directly to STEP 2 to register.

STEP 1 - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. For the rest of this year club membership will be included in the Event Fee (ONLY $10). This is a first-come, first-served. Given we are encouraging S2000 owners to come out, there is no cap for S2000 participants. If you sign-up and find that you can't make it for some reason, please cancel on-line at least 24 hours in advance so others can have the opportunity to sign-up and so that you can receive a refund.

STEP 2: CLICK HERE to Add Your Name to Drivers List

Sorry for the two step process again. However, it does work. If you have already paid and your name is not on the drivers list, please complete STEP 2.

If you cannot pay on-line: Payment will be accepted at this event but on-line registration is still required. Please complete STEP 2.

FAQ's
What is an Autocross - Autocross events such as this event are low to medium speed auto racing events that allow you to enjoy your car at or near it's limits in as safe a manner as possible; they are often run on parking lots and airport runways. Generally a course will be defined using traffic cones. One driver at a time negotiates a course laid out with the cones, or pylons, testing their skill against the clock. Time penalties are charged for disturbing cones. In most regions, the penalty is 2 seconds per cone, although in some places it may be 1 second. Course speeds are generally limited by technical challenges to around 70mph.

Why Autocross - There are lots of reasons. Autocross is an inexpensive, safe way to experience the excitment of true racing. It helps you discover your car's capabilities and limitations, making you a better, safer driver on the road. And it develops your own driving ability. Many would-be race drivers use it as a jump point into the sport of road racing. But probably the greatest thrill of autocross is the challenge of beating your own time.

The event details
Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 AM

I'm registered!!! My new clutch is properly broken in now

For those of you who paid $30 for the last "Hurricane Ike" Auto-X and are due a refund, I will have a stack of twenties ($20) at the next Auto-X to make you whole.

Al
Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Oh man, this would be a blast. I'm racing this weekend at TWS and I'm not sure if my wife will be up for me heading off for another race weekend so quickly. Argh.

I'll try, though. That's dirt cheap for an event of ANY sort.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do I register without paying?

I paid for the last one that we didn't have.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 AM

I have posted this on the local BMW CCA forum, the local SCCA forum, and the Red River SCCA forum.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Oct 1 2008, 06:05 AM
How do I register without paying?

I paid for the last one that we didn't have.
When I registered, it acted as if I was paying, but I did not see it actually post to my bank account, so it appears that the credit was applied. And the transaction info on my Paypal page seems to support that.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 AM

No, Paypal is one of those things I've heard too many horror stories about to even consider allowing it to decide whether to charge me or not.

I want resolution prior to getting into their system.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:56 AM

I also just posted on the Texas A&M Sports Car Club board.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 AM

Registered!

Note: Paid $10 on top of the Ike event.

Also, the "dfw.miata" calender needs to have this event on it.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by juice04,Oct 1 2008, 09:55 AM
Note: Paid $10 on top of the Ike event.
See!

Quick Reply: Club Autocross #3 (Final Event of Season-Only $10)