S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

S2000 Fuel Pump Installed

Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Fuel Pump Installed

Ok, so I couldnt find a write up on the Fuel Pump, so I took pics when I changed mine out. It was a b***h! Wear gloves.

So, I got my Greddy Turbo Kit in and the install was running perfectly until I come to the fuel pump... Walboro or something...

First, the Kit does come with great directions, but not very good on the fuel pump part. Twisting and contorting my body to get to this thing AND breathing in fumes didnt help either.

First of all, I tried several angles. First, I tore out all the trunk carpet and spare tire... stripped it all bear. Then tried to access it from there. FAIL. I had to put the top up, and remove the under tray, like the directions say to do. This also sucks because the top has to be up for this part.

THIS IS NOT COMFORTABLE! Wind screen was still on there b/c I couldnt figure out how to take it off. It stabs you in the chest and you cant breath... what little air you get, is gas fumes.

Once I get down there, there is a small silver plate with 3 screws in it. I dont remember sizes, i just know they were metric and any where from 8-14... some were Phillips head screws... wtf honda.

The silver plate has some wires running into it undo the 3 phillips head screws holding it in place.
(Didnt take a pic of this, but ill get some, all the panels and carpet are still off the car)

Once you get the plate off, if you arent already having fun, you will now.

There are several bolts and screws down under that silver plate. There are 8x 8mm bolts holding the actual fuel pump assembly on. Don't remove them yet. There is a Gray harness with wires coming out of it. Get that off first! Then, there is a nut holding some brackets on. This nut has to be taken off and the brackets moved out of the way. The brackets are toward the rear of the car.

The Fuel lines are FUN! Be careful if you didnt bleed the fuel lines as they will spray gas on you... try to read the fuel pump directions on this part. They want you to pull the fuel pump assembly up one inch out of the tank and when you remove the fuel line (a 2 hand job) you have to try to quickly put the fuel line under the pump assembly into the gas tank... just use towels... You have to squeeze the little white tabs, and pull on the black hose.

Yellow circles = The brackets
Red Circles = 8x8mm bolts holding the Fuel Pump assembly in
Teal/blue Circles = Fuel Lines
Green = 2 of the 3 holes for the screws that held the silver plate on.

This is the actual fuel pump assembly after removal. I didnt take pics of the actual install, as it is stupid easy once you get it out...

More to come.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that is why you read the forums, my friend
good pictures. i wish i would have had access to them when SoCal and i were doing mine. it took us about 45 minutes.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM

I tried to read the forum... no posts...

Then I tried the search... pfft, no luck. The search dosent work worth a crap.

Hopefully, these pics and instructions can help someone a little bit...

I wish mine only took 45 minutes... I spent a good hour and a half in there...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i thought getting out the rear tray was the bigges PITA. i still haven't put back in the small piece that's perpendicular to the ground that goes on top of the big tray piece.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:14 PM

tip for you next time -open the top 1/4 way, pull the drivers seat, then you can put one arm thru the roll bar and the other by the wind screen, it makes it much easier - my record is 25 min from start to finish
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM

my god! lol that is a great idea
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

once you do it enough, you don't even have to see what you are removing ...it's a real pain the first time.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I sat in the trunk (with the tool well removed) and tackled it that way
Old 03-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 290 Likes on 269 Posts

Just work through the trunk... You don't have to take a dripping fuel pump out over the seats or interior.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 AM

Ya we took it out through the trunk once we got it loose...

Quick Reply: S2000 Fuel Pump Installed