S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What Octane per whp figures

Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
SOS sells the return kit. Its a very straight forward install and mostly oem parts. Dbw fuel pressure drops drastically 6k rpm and up.
I have the sos in tank fpr, wire kit an 255. And it starts to lean out to 12.2 at red line. (Tail sniffer)

..... Hmmm decisions....

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 01-04-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mijae007
SOS sells the return kit. Its a very straight forward install and mostly oem parts. Dbw fuel pressure drops drastically 6k rpm and up.
I should actually probably be more concerned with this ^^ thnx for the input.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
I have the sos in tank fpr, wire kit an 255. And it starts to lean out to 12.0:1 // 11.9:1 at red line.

That's also a plot on the tail sniffer tho ..... Hmmm decisions....
Tail sniffers (when you can get a proper reading on our car) show a consistent .5 leaner then actual due to the pick up point vs a wideband sensor at the TP or header collector. So factor that in.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Tail sniffers (when you can get a proper reading on our car) show a consistent .5 leaner then actual due to the pick up point vs a wideband sensor at the TP or header collector. So factor that in.
Ya I'm tracking, I have a aem in my TP to and I watch it and it's richer at like 11.8's or better. Mijae brought up a good point. I could re tune and up the whp a lil more but without solid pressure I don't think it will be a solid gain and ultimately probably less safe. I'm gonna hold off on the re tune until the fuel system is upgraded to return system.
I hate to keep saying SOS says this and that but I feel they show some solid figures for if and when to upgrade as well. Wish I had that AFR plot cuz it does start to drop off. It is consistent tho. But with a mostly OEM replacement and stock return fpr it should be just as constant without dropping off.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Ya I'm tracking, I have a aem in my TP to and I watch it and it's richer at like 11.8's or better. Mijae brought up a good point. I could re tune and up the whp a lil more but without solid pressure I don't think it will be a solid gain and ultimately probably less safe. I'm gonna hold off on the re tune until the fuel system is upgraded to return system.
I hate to keep saying SOS says this and that but I feel they show some solid figures for if and when to upgrade as well. Wish I had that AFR plot cuz it does start to drop off. It is consistent tho. But with a mostly OEM replacement and stock return fpr it should be just as constant without dropping off.
Yeah, I have no experience boosting a DBW model so its hard for me to argue anything related to the returnless system. Enough people in here do have experience with these though. The current c38 Kraftworks stage 2 kits put many of the DBW cars in the low 400's whp though, so I thought that was more approaching the limit of about 450whp before needing to go returnless. All but a few lucky guys or those running E85 on a supercharger would get to that point. Not every car/set up/condition is 100% controlled though, so better to air on the safe side if any doubts.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Yeah, I have no experience boosting a DBW model so its hard for me to argue anything related to the returnless system. Enough people in here do have experience with these though. The current c38 Kraftworks stage 2 kits put many of the DBW cars in the low 400's whp though, so I thought that was more approaching the limit of about 450whp before needing to go returnless. All but a few lucky guys or those running E85 on a supercharger would get to that point. Not every car/set up/condition is 100% controlled though, so better to air on the safe side if any doubts.
my buddies car has 500whp on e85. Stock fuel lines and stock motor. It's a time attack car only for the past year. Only prob he has had is cooling and the tensioner on Kraftwerks kit getting loose ( he used red hi temp tread locker too) and the bolt For the tensioner actually fell completely out causing the belt to snap on track. Scary.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:12 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Yea i veered on the side of safety and went return on my ap2 too. It came out to $8-900 and is adding up quicly among all the other things ive been buying lately but i feel its one of the more pertinent parts to my build than some of the other upgrades i have done. At least this way no matter how much power or boost you want to push youll know fuel wont be an issue.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:36 AM

Should be pretty straight forward. Did u have to drop the tank Mijae?

Thnx for all the input guys, I think I'll feel better on 92 once returned, lol....Or is that a pipe dream?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

My DBW made 500 whp on the returnless fuel system.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
my buddies car has 500whp on e85. Stock fuel lines and stock motor. It's a time attack car only for the past year. Only prob he has had is cooling and the tensioner on Kraftwerks kit getting loose ( he used red hi temp tread locker too) and the bolt For the tensioner actually fell completely out causing the belt to snap on track. Scary.
Return or returnless system?
Ap2//ap1?

Quick Reply: What Octane per whp figures