S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Quicker steering, more angle

Old 06-27-2014, 05:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

so parts came in, i installed them. jesus christ. totally new car. steering is 25% faster. you never cross arms, even for a 90 degree turn. its nuts, the car retains more camber/caster while turning so its just sticks. my uturning radius is now 10 feet smaller than before. i'm now able to do a uturn on a 2 lane street. parallel parking is now a breeze. its just an overall win. steering is still razor sharp, without being figity on center.

now my cars alignment is all outta wack because i fooled around with the toe adjustment to try and get the camber adjustors installed. unfortunately this mod is not possible on stock suspension\wheels. you need adjustable coilover to adjust the ridehight in the front. But even still, my car feels amazing.

before
Quicker steering, more angle-euq6pug.jpg
Quicker steering, more angle-cheqqwd.jpg
Quicker steering, more angle-4d60gtb.jpg
Quicker steering, more angle-g3ubw5l.jpg

after
Quicker steering, more angle-rohvbiv.jpg
Quicker steering, more angle-wyjgtfr.jpg
Quicker steering, more angle-wad909t.jpg

is it marty n moog!?

i'll throw some more pics up later. going to try and get the car aligned.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

nice! haha you referencing MCM?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by iamxpL
nice! haha you referencing MCM?

lol yup, white nc, silver ap1. what are the odds?
Old 06-27-2014, 12:35 PM

car is realigned.

on the street, this is epic. i set the alignment based on my tire wear. Camber at 1 degree in the front. caster at 6.1, toe at -.01.cross camber/caster are at 0 and the rear is now set at 2 degrees of camber with .2 rear toe.

not sure if i'm just turning more but turn in is amazing. noticably less steering motion is needed, not that your losing precision, just tightened up. on the highway, its still the same, you can let go of the wheel at 70+ and the car will track straight. if you go to change lanes, minimal input is needed. Cant wait to see how it does on the autocross.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty awesome, this is big deal stuff for drift cars...do you drift any or no? Just curious as it's mainly seen in that motorsport quite often.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2014, 04:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg3iKwV_FF8

i've been known to dabble.....
Old 06-28-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice find Tom!!

Old 06-29-2014, 05:31 AM

i spun this one but i used a lot of powerover in this run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASPNtrz2FLk
this run was more handbrake and clutch kick *excuse the music, i was bored.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeMRlrTO5M
i wish the go pro would have lasted longer...

i use everything but the kitchen sink to initiate. i use the scandinavian flick, clutch kick, handbrake, and when i can, powerover, sometimes you have to use all 4 at once (higher speeds). at lower speeds you can liftoff oversteer. imo the s2000's doesnt mind sliding, its the transitions that get you.

speaking of which, i stopped by a few "private" drift parks over the last few days. the car is soo freaking stable while drifting. i can now drift to the top of second without any issues. i'm going to start learning how to do 3rd gear drifts, mainly is getting the balls and finding the space to attempt it. I've grown out of so many "private" drift courses.

The handbrake mod is amazing, i no longer have doubts on my rear wheels locking up when i need them to. I used to use the footbrake in conjunction with the handbrake to insure that i could lock up the rear wheels. not anymore. I can now do the handbrake carry like my friend ironman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZukgbWsKcs

also did a 200 mile trip yesterday. the car isnt figidity on the highway at speed. driving through rutted city streets is easier. i really cant think of any drawbacks. just awesome.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:14 PM

went back to the track. man oh man, night and day. the car is so much easier to control. i'll let the video do the talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzvz3uBjP2I

my car now has steering knuckles and their handbrake mod. all else is stock* i haz an intake. the first run in the video is actually one of my last runs. tire blew. all in all i blew 3 in total. quite proud of that. Kinda cheated and they were used to begin with... and then i used them for 2 other drift events.... never the less! i blew 3 tires!

so back on to dynamics, if you watch the first run, i can now enter in to a drift way further back. I started entering further and further back as i built up confidence in the new setup. I wish i would have taped the later runs, but it was so far from my mind after changing 6 rear tires. I just wanted to drift. next time, i'll have some real fire. I've been practicing forward 360's. i think i might be able to bring it out on the track. i dont think i have the speed for a 360 entry, but a mid drift 360 might be possible.

i signed up for pocono in aug. but i might hit another track some time in mid july, i think i have an autox event in the next week or two so i'll update it then. quite curious to see how the quicker steering will work out on the autox.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM

i spent 4/6 hours on a track yesterday, over 200 miles. these steering knuckles are awesome. any time i had any oversteer, correcting it was a breeze. i wasnt timing myself, but i did log a 1.14.6 on poconos southeast track. My car is on stock wheels, stock tire sizes, stock suspension, with minor power mods. I,H,T with track pads.

Quick Reply: Quicker steering, more angle