S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Gutted AP2 versus new Mustang GT

Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kreeper
Originally Posted by AP1Driver' timestamp='1367777597' post='22520693
Funny how no one doubts this " street encounter ", but people call BS on an S staying with an SRT8 (not anyone in this thread ATM)... I'm not saying you're lying because I know anything is possible. But a new 5.0 will eat and digest an SRT (with proper drivers), so he may have just been playing you for what it was worth, or it was a 4.6 w/ 5.0 badges. Or your car just runs better than the numbers suggest and it was a clean kill Who knows... Had to comment Cheers
It's cool. The guy was definitely on it full throttle (by the sound of it and how fast we were by the light, ~80 is when I broke, he did a little earlier). You don't go that fast in a 40 without an agenda. The new mustang's 0-60 is something like 4.6 seconds. He didn't drop it and neither did I, but I'd say his lack of utilizing his early end torque probably killed him that first run, since the s doesn't have torque to utilize at any RPM . The next light I lit the tires up and then proceeded to block him, thinking he would start with a burn too, which he still didn't. Maybe it was an auto? But the shifts were extremely noticeable and jerky.

My car is certainly capable of some cool things, as I kept up with a new (auto) z4 s35i no problem, albeit that was a true launch from 8k. Weight redux is good for this car .
Pics of your interior? Ive wanted to do it but id feel bad for doing it at the same time.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danwolski
Pics of your interior? Ive wanted to do it but id feel bad for doing it at the same time.
I'll snap some when I get home and try to post up later tonight. It's not cleaned up right now and the finishing of the interior is an ongoing process, but it's getting there . The important thing is the weight is gone.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice kill. Mustang guy definitely didn't know what he was doing or missed a gear but still a good kill. As they say anything can happen on the street.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM

As with anything, shitty cell phone picks, but still, you get the idea. Next thing to come off is going to be EVAP (with CEL fix!) and then the heater core and throttle cable shorten. She's looking pretty ratty right now, but cleaned up will be a lot better. Just not that motivated to work hard on it right now after someone stole my jack I was gonna install my coilovers last weekend
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by s2kreeper
Just not that motivated to work hard on it right now after someone stole my jack I was gonna install my coilovers last weekend
They were just trying to help you save weight
sucks that someone would do that though.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by DumpedOnCCWs
Wow, never seen an S like that. Is that your daily?
Yep
Old 05-11-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Havent been on s2ki in a couple days so I havent had the chance to reply. Thats pretty awesome, I love stripped out cars. You should get it weighted to see how much of a difference it made. Where I live there's a bunch of weigh stations for trucks that I use, idk if you have those around you.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How far are you going to go to drop weight? Remove the spoiler? Passenger wiper?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by J Schmidt
How far are you going to go to drop weight? Remove the spoiler? Passenger wiper?
I don't see a side marker, so that's not out of the question..

However, I'd think his next step would be getting a hardtop and gutting the soft one..
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 PM

You should look into a lighter battery as well.

Quick Reply: Gutted AP2 versus new Mustang GT