S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

Old 12-20-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was stopped at a red light yesterday when a lady in a Jetta pulled up next me in the right turn lane. I knew she wasn't going to turn right because she kept inching slowly forward into my lane to cut me off. I had just gone past this lady because she was going 10 mph under and appeared to be lost.

The light turned green and I hear her floor it. I launched easy but took 1st and 2nd to redline and put a few buses on her. Then I noticed a fire truck with siren blasting headed straight for me in my lane. Opposing traffic was completely stopped and he had to come into my lane to go around. He was still a block ahead of me so I had time to pull over and stop out of his way.

Then I noticed the lady in the Jetta was still trying to race me. She passed me on the right at full throttle and i saw the "i hate you" rage on her face as our eyes met. She flew past and she looked in her rear view mirror at me to enjoy her "victory". I knew she didn't see the fire truck and she continued straight for it at full speed. I had a few seconds to think "oh shit oh shit" before her brake lights lit up. She locked up the tires and swerved to the right, barely missing the fire truck.

She was so scared that she stopped for a green light on the next block. I dove past her again and she just stayed at the green light staring straight ahead with her hands locked on the steering wheel. Half a block later I look in my rear view and she was still stopped at that green light.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 AM

No one EVER tries to race me here. There are a few SRT 4 Calibers with stickers huge front mounts but they wont even attempt. Every time I see a car worth racing or that would seem interested its old people or women who just drive fast cars because they have the money. On another note I just picked up a 2013 Accord Coupe V6 with the 6 speed manual and that thing is quick!! Its my wifes she thinks she can take my S and I think it would be a good race. It has A LOT of power and torque. Anyone ran into a 2013 and ran em?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by uncletbone1999
No one EVER tries to race me here. There are a few SRT 4 Calibers with stickers huge front mounts but they wont even attempt. Every time I see a car worth racing or that would seem interested its old people or women who just drive fast cars because they have the money. On another note I just picked up a 2013 Accord Coupe V6 with the 6 speed manual and that thing is quick!! Its my wifes she thinks she can take my S and I think it would be a good race. It has A LOT of power and torque. Anyone ran into a 2013 and ran em?
Yep they get owned apparently...post 729

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/523.../page__st__725
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Well, if you post beating a more HP car people call BS. Seems everyone in here knows how fast each car of every make should be. So why even race... why even post... S2 is pretty weak nowadays.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:44 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Had to post here . I'm at a stop light and it turns green. I take off normally and then see this hyndai elentra or something cut off two cars to get behind me. I'm like wtf is this dudes problem . Then he starts swerving left n right behind me up my ass. We get to the next like and he's blasting his homie G music. When the light turns green it's about to split in 2 lanes and I know this douche is Gona try and pass me. So when we get there he's off and I just down shifted and dusted him.. bus lengths on this guy. He catches up later and follows me on the highway . Again I left em. I decided it was enough. I slow down and this guy goes flying into the emergency lane to pass me. Lol.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Too bad those Camry's and Accords now a days will give you a run for your money if not beat S2k's. (stock that is)

Doesn't really matter how close the vehicles may be. I get this driving the S2000 AND my 2011 M3. I even had a guy in a lowered truck "race" me at a light (I don't street race-it's irresponsible) to get in front of me before a twisting country road near me. He was "carving the road" using both lanes, heavily braking, etc. in front of me. The problem was he was barely over the posted limit and I was driving 100% within my lane without ever considering the brakes.

But yeah, you'll get the guys in the Camrys and Accords who think that they've got some kind of rocket that will even out drag a 440hp M3...If they really want to try, I'll be glad to meet them at a track.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by s2000nnj
I think I get this on a daily basis..people in their minivans, accords, camrys, focus, sonatas, 328s, etc wanting to race you on the streets and tailgating you lol. Past Sunday, a Geo Tracker was driving like a maniac on Grand Central Parkway in NY to pass me, at the end I let him go. Do you get this on a daily basis? if so, any memorable unlikely cars?

Literally, my second day with my s2k, a black Mustang roared past me and then slowed down on an access road (where the speed was supposedly 30.) I just laughed and kept going...didn't bother to look at him. This is BEFORE my vanity plate arrives in the mail that's going to say "UWD LOSE." lol.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:15 PM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by gymkat
Originally Posted by s2000nnj' timestamp='1299115295' post='20325688
I think I get this on a daily basis..people in their minivans, accords, camrys, focus, sonatas, 328s, etc wanting to race you on the streets and tailgating you lol. Past Sunday, a Geo Tracker was driving like a maniac on Grand Central Parkway in NY to pass me, at the end I let him go. Do you get this on a daily basis? if so, any memorable unlikely cars?

Literally, my second day with my s2k, a black Mustang roared past me and then slowed down on an access road (where the speed was supposedly 30.) I just laughed and kept going...didn't bother to look at him. This is BEFORE my vanity plate arrives in the mail that's going to say "UWD LOSE." lol.
Yeah a mustang wanting to race a s2000... how unlikely.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A golden rule for S2000 owners: if you are tailgaited or pressed into a race on open roads...dont do it or you will loose happiness. If you are tailgaiting someone with a much stronger car on a twisty road or mountain pass attack attack ferociously and it will bring back the smile on your face.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:48 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

my son is about to get his license, and he will be driving my 19 WRX and 2000 Integra GS-R, I think I've got the message through to him that he is not to race anyone no matter how much they may try to provoke him.

I've also tried to educate him that It doesn't matter how fast your car is there is always someone out there that will be faster so what's the point ? You can have some hillbilly in a 1200 hp farm truck rev on you or someone with a turbocharged minivan, basically anyone can boost any vehicle and make it fast for a few runs. I'm trusting he has gotten the message from me on this. As old as the adage may be, street racing is stupid, race all you want at the dragstrip or road course.

Quick Reply: People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car