S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Back to stock from greddy turboed, Help! codes!

Old 04-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Back to stock from greddy turboed, Help! codes!

Hey guys im back to stock from being greddy turboed. only thing aftermarket on the car is a 70mm test pipe and the spark plugs, still running the ngk bkr8eix plugs till i get my stock plugs in, i just regapped them to stock spec. car is running on the smooth side but not perfect. I got two codes from my obd scanner. first one is P0410 "secondary air injection system" and P0132 " o2 Sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 1". ( when i clear codes with obd scanner i notice it idles rough until check engine light comes back on then it smoothes out) The first code i have no clue what is causing i thought maybe the vacuum lines that go to the valve behind the intake box, but all lines look correct and second code only thing i can think of is faulty o2 sensor, but not sure how it couldve been damaged it was stored in a box when not used. If it is damaged anyone know the part number or replacement denso sensor for it. need some inputs on these codes. Also, car seems to be running rich , only got about 75 miles out of half a tank , i coudlve sworn it did better than that when i was stock before. mid range seems a bit sluggish.

Also noticing it takes a while for car temperature gauge to read normal temperature. itll take a 20 min drive or sometimes it wont reach it at all, itll just fluctuate and the bars go up and down. looking for some inputs or help on these issues, Billman would greatly help. let me know guys.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Do u have the anti fouler between the testpipe n o2 sensor? It will fix the cel or prevent a cel.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the 02 sensor extended at all? When I clipped the wires on my civic and extended it I got that same CEL, had to replace the 02 sensor.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 PM

bump! help me out guys.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bank 1 sensor 1 is the first o2 sensor, so anyone talking about the o2 sensor spacers or test pipe is talking about the wrong sensor. The first sensor is what the ecu reads to correct for rich/lean conditions. If it is seeing the sensor is giving unreliable data it may be ignoring it altogether and going for a safe fuel strategy (very rich, hence the horrible fuel economy) and when you clear the code and it runs rough again that may be because it is once again taking the bad data from the sensor and your fuel trims are completely messed up. Once it again decides the data from the sensor is unreliable (throws a code) it will default back to its safe fuel strategy (very rich again) which then runs smoother but gives the horrible fuel economy. I'm not saying your sensor is bad, but it may be. You need to check the powers/grounds to the sensor and make sure it is actually getting the proper voltages and good grounds. If the wiring/power/grounds all check out and the signal (data) from the sensor is bad then replace the sensor.

I don't know the requirements for the other code to set, so I can't give much insight, but I would check to make sure the pump can run, has proper power/ground, there are also other parts to the system but I don't know them off hand.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a dumb question, but did you put the OEM injectors back when you removed the Greddy kit?