S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

how to reset steering torque sensor - NO Honda PGM Tester

Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunder-rush
With the car off, and the wheel straight do the following

1. Using a paper clip or backprobes, connect PIN 9 to PIN 4 on the ODBII connector.
Any chance you can let me know the wire colours of pin 9 and 4 please. I've cut my obd port out as I'm using it for my engine swap.

Thanks a lot
The following users liked this post:
9250rpm (06-18-2020)
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing my rack and pinion soon.

Billman once again you've come through with this diagram!

Your Billman modified TCT has been running great, car is sooo nice and quiet.

Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:43 AM

Bumping this one as I had an issue resetting the sensor yesterday. I jumped pins 4 and 9, turned the wheel 45 degrees to the left, turned the key to the ignition II position (Without starting the car), but the EPS light never shut off. I did notice that the ABS light will blink 3-4 times slowly, shut off for a moment, then begin blinking 3-4 times. I thought the blinking ABS was a fault code, but upon removing the paperclip from the pins and starting the car, no lights show up.

Is there something I'm missing here or doing wrong?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by k24accord
Bumping this one as I had an issue resetting the sensor yesterday. I jumped pins 4 and 9, turned the wheel 45 degrees to the left, turned the key to the ignition II position (Without starting the car), but the EPS light never shut off. I did notice that the ABS light will blink 3-4 times slowly, shut off for a moment, then begin blinking 3-4 times. I thought the blinking ABS was a fault code, but upon removing the paperclip from the pins and starting the car, no lights show up.

I tried to do the same to my buddy's s2k and it did the same exact thing as yours.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
Originally Posted by k24accord' timestamp='1363095788' post='22398124

I tried to do the same to my buddy's s2k and it did the same exact thing as yours.
I searched around here and on google and found a few others that had the same thing happen to them, but couldn't find a solution, so it seems to be somewhat common when doing the relearn procedure. Any of the s2k Gods want to chime in?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 AM

Good info here!
But will the sensor reset itself after you disconnect the battery for a while?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does resetting the EPS fix the annoying problem where the wheel freaks out until you drive the car for awhile and move the wheel through a couple full rotations?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by k24accord
Bumping this one as I had an issue resetting the sensor yesterday. I jumped pins 4 and 9, turned the wheel 45 degrees to the left, turned the key to the ignition II position (Without starting the car), but the EPS light never shut off. I did notice that the ABS light will blink 3-4 times slowly, shut off for a moment, then begin blinking 3-4 times. I thought the blinking ABS was a fault code, but upon removing the paperclip from the pins and starting the car, no lights show up.Is there something I'm missing here or doing wrong?
The blinking ABS shows ABS/VSA DCT codes, you can read the blinking codes and search in here what they mean, but it is quite common to have stored the "Low brake fluid" code. It is not strange that in normal startup you don't get any codes at all.

Don't forget that for initiating the torque reset you have to turn the steering at about 45deg and NOT release your hands from the steering. Only for the rest of the procedure you have to release your hands.

In fact, you have to hold it with your hands for the EPS to detect such micro-torque and initiate the reset procedure, it's not necessary to have it perfectly at 45º deg, it can go 45º or more as long as it is turned to the left.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:04 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spectacle
Does resetting the EPS fix the annoying problem where the wheel freaks out until you drive the car for awhile and move the wheel through a couple full rotations?
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? My steering started acting up earlier this year and does something similar. On some very cold days the steering will be very heavy or shudder for a second or two before the PS gradually starts to function normally.

Quick Reply: how to reset steering torque sensor - NO Honda PGM Tester