S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM

Received 1,415 Likes on 768 Posts

Looking forward to seeing it when it's completed!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM

Lainey,

I saw your picture shares on FB on Country Roads. Some very nice ones there, and they seem to be enjoyed by many others, based on the "Likes."

I do have a question. I would like to share a couple of mine there, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. Do you link from Photobucket, or Picasa, or just upload directly to Faceboook from your PC? I would like to share them there, but without the whole world seeing it. Is that possible?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Lainey,

I saw your picture shares on FB on Country Roads. Some very nice ones there, and they seem to be enjoyed by many others, based on the "Likes."

I do have a question. I would like to share a couple of mine there, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. Do you link from Photobucket, or Picasa, or just upload directly to Faceboook from your PC? I would like to share them there, but without the whole world seeing it. Is that possible?
Thanks, Gene. Generally I upload them from my PC to their page by "browsing". I think I could also "share" them to their FB page from my albums. I re-size the images, for quicker uploading and if anyone decides to grab one, they won't get a very good copy. Plus I have my official "autograph" on them, which I know is probably easily removed by someone with some know how. I don't put any pics of family members or people I know on that site, therefore I don't have an issue if they are seen/shared by those outside my circle. I believe pics posted on that site are seen by anyone who stops by to take a look and can be shared, but maybe that depends on other settings.

Some good stuff there. I LOVED the pic of the old Dodge truck on there. I'm hoping to try and get out and grab a pic of an old tractor I've seen on the side of the road.

Looking forward to your pics.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 714 Likes on 437 Posts

Beautiful work Patty. Love it.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1366995303' post='22501601
Lainey,

Thanks, Gene. Generally I upload them from my PC to their page by "browsing". I think I could also "share" them to their FB page from my albums. I re-size the images, for quicker uploading and if anyone decides to grab one, they won't get a very good copy. Plus I have my official "autograph" on them, which I know is probably easily removed by someone with some know how. I don't put any pics of family members or people I know on that site, therefore I don't have an issue if they are seen/shared by those outside my circle. I believe pics posted on that site are seen by anyone who stops by to take a look and can be shared, but maybe that depends on other settings.

Some good stuff there. I LOVED the pic of the old Dodge truck on there. I'm hoping to try and get out and grab a pic of an old tractor I've seen on the side of the road.

Thanks, Lainey. Dumb me figured it out after I read your instructions...it was right there on their home page.

I probably also need to do a little editing before I post anything there.

And I also thought the Dodge truck picture was neat.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Thank you for the kind comments on my stained glass. I am so looking forward to finishing it so I can see the light behind it. The dark blues and purple will look very different when lit from behind. I am adding some clear, flat glass pebbles, too. I tried one last night, and it worked. I made a hole through the glass, and foiled a pebble and the whle, and soldered it into the glass. I really like the look of it.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Just posted one two.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:00 PM

Received 4,962 Likes on 3,005 Posts

I'm hoping to try and get out and grab a pic of an old tractor I've seen on the side of the road.
Beat you to it.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1367001636' post='22501976
I'm hoping to try and get out and grab a pic of an old tractor I've seen on the side of the road.
Beat you to it.

Darn you, Dave!

I'll see if I can get one tomorrow. Busy with grand kids today.

Here's how I kept them busy today.

A walk in the woods. Look how grown up our granddaughter is getting!

Some time at the beach. Ally was directing some of my shots.

The water is cold, but the feet were going in

Old 04-27-2013, 07:09 PM

^Very nice, Lainey...I especially like the one of your grandson walking away from you across the planks.

Hey, Dave, looks like a good project for you. I would love to have an old restored tractor like that that I could use for mowing, snow plowing, etc. (The farm boy in me will never leave!)

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX