S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 01-20-2014, 04:58 AM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Hoping for a fun weekend. This past one wasn't great. Our son had unexpected gall bladder issues, (infected) and it had to go. So he was in the hospital Thursday-Sunday. He had a couple of complications due to anesthesia, so he needed some extra monitoring and an extra day in the hospital. He is OK, and at home.

His in-laws are STILL in town, so that made a few things easier as far as the grandkids, but I had the grandson with me Friday until Saturday afternoon. I took him to visit his Dad on Saturday and he charmed the nurses.

This weekend we are going out to dinner on Friday, then we will see William Shatner in his one man show. Seeing him was not tops on my list, but his show seems to get good reviews, and we are going with a fun group.

The granddaughter may spend some time with us on Saturday, which is good as we've not seen much of her since the other grandparents came to town.

We'll see what the rest of the weekend brings.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 AM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

We are head to Cincy for the Winter Beater Meet.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I'll be taking a train ride to Reno on Wednesday, after flying from Orange County to Sacramento. My friend, Bob, is 64 on Saturday, four days before I am 56, so we're going to play together. Should be fun.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:49 PM

Weekend not starting out great. Left work a bit early as Mom has an issue with her leg due to a fall/bump late last week. It was time to get a doc to look at it. She had been putting it off. Doc's office ran late of course, it was freezing cold and just not the way to start the weekend.

Mom needs the leg tended to daily so my sister and I will have to work something out to make trips to her place. Mom just doesn't handle something like this on her own. It's always something.

We had a tasty dinner at a local restaurant tonight, but I have to say even I thought the portions were small and I'm not a big eater.

From dinner, our group of ten went to the William Shatner, one man show. Turns out I could have lived without seeing William Shatner's one man show. It was just OK.

No other exciting plans for this weekend. I think Zippy Ken needs to throw another party so we can run away and have fun.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Cincy is out due to Patty's mother being sick plus the weather sucks big time!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about cars and coffee in the morning, but confirmed plans for Disneyland tomorrow afternoon. The rest of the weekend will probably be meant for catching up with TV shows/movies. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:55 AM

Received 4,961 Likes on 3,005 Posts

I was planning on going to a chili/beer garage party in Grand Rapids today but changed my mind after looking out the window - snowing hard - and looking at the GR weather alert of drifts in excess of 3 feet with another 1-4" on top of the 4-6" they got last night.

Good day to stay home and watch the Daytona 24 Hour race on TV.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:01 AM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Terdburgler
Thinking about cars and coffee in the morning,
Hey John, did you end up going? I drove down in the Lotus. Hanging out at Fashion Island having breakfast now. Going to cruise back up the coast route. Lovely morning, lots of cool cars, but never again. I had to get up at 4:30 to leave at 5:30 and then the 1 hour drive turned into an hour and a half because of freeway closure in Long Beach.

I am not a morning person. In my world, 4:30 AM is still the middle of the night.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Originally Posted by Scooterboy' timestamp='1390238924' post='22974109
Cincy is out due to Patty's mother being sick plus the weather sucks big time!
Your world sounds like my world.

This weekend my SC sisters and my ME sisters will be in town. We are getting together at local sister's house to celebrate Mom's 92st birthday. I use the term celebrate a bit loosely as Mom is declining rapidly. Still not bad for 92, but slipping. This is the first time all siblings will be together in about four years and that will please Mom.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I'm in San Diego right now with my baby girl who will be 27 years-old in 9 days. We are going to the San Diego zoo today. It's going to be a whole different experience since she's a zookeeper. We will get to go behind the scenes some, with a zookeeper friend of hers.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?