Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Houstons Drift2k returning

Old 08-24-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great weekend at LSD round 5. It was super hot at the track. Thanks to the new Mishimoto radiator the car ran about 10-15 degrees cooler. WE zeroed our first qualifying run (decided to zero rather than hit the wall). So we made a safe run for our second qualifying pass. We ended up Qualifying 18th. On day two I decided to let Yokoi (Pro FD driver) drive the Drift2k. I was told that he liked it his thoughts were it was really light and fast. Unfortunately he was only able to make 2 passes in the car due to an axel failure. It was a bit of a scramble to get an axle before completion. I put out a search but came up with nothing. We were able to find an aftermarket at a parts store a hour away. So we sent some team members to go and retrieve it while me and a friend from another team helped remove the broke axel and prepare for the replacement. We were able to get the Drift2k fixed and ready for battle. We won our Top 32 battle. We were ready for our Top16 battle against our friend Fielding Shredder who is currently 2nd in points for the year. Knowing his car had double the power of our Honda and his driving skills we knew it was going to be a tough battle. We put on a good show and gave it our all, but we were not able to get the win. As the season is almost over with only 1 event left at Houston we will look to maintain or move up in points. I can't say it enough thank you to my team, wife, family, friends, fans, and sponsors for all the support you have and keep giving us.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by roadents2k
Had a great weekend at LSD round 5. It was super hot at the track. Thanks to the new Mishimoto radiator the car ran about 10-15 degrees cooler. WE zeroed our first qualifying run (decided to zero rather than hit the wall). So we made a safe run for our second qualifying pass. We ended up Qualifying 18th. On day two I decided to let Yokoi (Pro FD driver) drive the Drift2k. I was told that he liked it his thoughts were it was really light and fast. Unfortunately he was only able to make 2 passes in the car due to an axel failure. It was a bit of a scramble to get an axle before completion. I put out a search but came up with nothing. We were able to find an aftermarket at a parts store a hour away. So we sent some team members to go and retrieve it while me and a friend from another team helped remove the broke axel and prepare for the replacement. We were able to get the Drift2k fixed and ready for battle. We won our Top 32 battle. We were ready for our Top16 battle against our friend Fielding Shredder who is currently 2nd in points for the year. Knowing his car had double the power of our Honda and his driving skills we knew it was going to be a tough battle. We put on a good show and gave it our all, but we were not able to get the win. As the season is almost over with only 1 event left at Houston we will look to maintain or move up in points. I can't say it enough thank you to my team, wife, family, friends, fans, and sponsors for all the support you have and keep giving us.
Awesome!!! Sounds like quite the adventure for sure. High Five and keep it pumping!