The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Car is keyed everywhere (UPDATED)

Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is keyed everywhere (UPDATED)

Hey guys,

So you may remember me as the guy who almost got his car stolen a while back:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/880...#entry20742228

I walk out of my house this morning to start heading to school, and I see this..

Filed a police report but that probably won't do anything, UC Irvine PD and their CSI unit came and did fingerprints with my previous incident in Irvine and I never head back from them. Talking with insurance companies now.. Be careful out there guys, the one day I let my brother take the garage space and this happens. What happened to integrity and honor? It's like a lost term in this day and age smh. My s2k's been through so much, I feel like it's almost cursed with everything that's happened to it. Will probably have to repaint the whole car, anybody been through something similar and know how much everything might come out to?

UPDATE

I also posted this same exact thread on the SoCal forums and pg. 3 of this thread but I'll just copy and paste it here as well.

So it's been a while but I did want to make a quick update. I've been real slammed with work so didn't have time to go on S2Ki too much but better late than never! I finally got my S back from the body/paintshop (DTMAUTOBODY) a little while back and was able get everything repainted through insurance except for the front bumper, door handles, and side mirrors. I did end up getting the door handles painted as well and the hardtop while I was at it. I've gotta say, DTMAUTOBODY definitely did a great job and the hospitality I received from the guys there (shoutout to Leland and Antonio aka ValleyBoy) was priceless. They buffed the front bumper as much as they could so it could be color matched with the rest of the car and not stand out too much, it still kinda does in person but that's not their fault. I checked out a couple other body shops but they were the only ones I really trusted with my S in regards to the paint and not messing it up. Everything looks immaculate, and my favorite part has to be the painted hardtop as I left the sides alone to show the carbon fiber. I don't have too many good photos of the new paint, but here are some quick iPhone/Instagram pictures lol.

In the shop

The result

I couldn't be happier with the result, now I'm garaging my car at all times and also invested in the Blackvue Dash Cam + Power Magic Pro. Once again, much love to DTMAUTOBODY and make sure to hit them up if you guys ever need anything. They're a class act and will definitely take care of you Be safe out there guys!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you really pissed someone off...
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 PM

I have no idea who I could've possibly pissed off. That's the tough part
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks pretty targeted, not just some "random" retard keying a car... i would try to remember which neighbor of yours last complained about that single exhaust and start knocking on some doors..
Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend's Passat was keyed, they fixed it, and it was keyed again. Be careful with insurance, they say you're likely to be targeted again and will raise your rates no doubt. So sorry this happened. Some people are the worst, it's frustrating to say the least.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry man,...
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM

That's horrible....the nerve of these people
Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM

You know you just wanted a new paint job so you had a friend key your car so you can do an insurance job on your car lol . But either way it's a blessing In disguise because now you can get your car paint a different custom color G/L to you
Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Infuriating. God forbid we have something nice in our lives because there's always someone out there intent on ruining it. Hope whoever did this f@#king suffers.

Is the hardtop ok? And I can't make out what the trunk says... ? Keep us updated with your next steps.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

time to move outta socal my man, sorry to see that happen thou sucks

Quick Reply: Car is keyed everywhere (UPDATED)