The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

17x9+22 check it out

Old 06-15-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17x9+22 check it out

I know plenty of people have ran this size and much bigger, but, a lot of people are always scared to run low offset on a stock body s2000. And, I find it kind of dumb. Sure, you'll need to do some modding but in total it took me maybe 2 hours to set my car up to run my 17x9+22 rpf1's. so here it is

You'll hear people say, oh you'll need a crap load of body work or I decent pull on your fenders, well don't listen to them. All I did was roll my fenders up front, and ran 215/40/17's. in the rear, I shaved my fenders. For those of you who don't approve, well, I don't care, no need for that inch of metal up in there anyways. And I run 215/45/17's rear. Sure, you have less grip, but most people running low offset aren't looking for a crap load of grip. Anyways. Just wante to shed some light on the low offset talk. Btw, my front and rear are barely cambered at all, so this setup is still completely functional.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:30 PM

Not very safe running a tire 3 sizes to small then the car was designed for......they do make rpf1's that fit the car right.....
Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't listen to these guys. I daily drove thousands of miles on a stretch 3 times as ridiculous without any problems. Time attack cars run stretched tires, look at the Cyber EVO. Your car looks good, and there's nothing wrong with a little stretch and poke.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

Lol time attack cars run a very mild stretch. This is not the same thing. Also why do this with rfp1's? It's not like they are a flashy, rare, other otherwise interesting wheel. May as well run insane spacers on oem wheels. Most people that buy an S2000 or any performance car want good handling and by ruining the grip means the handling is hurt.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Weasel497
Don't listen to these guys. I daily drove thousands of miles on a stretch 3 times as ridiculous without any problems. Time attack cars run stretched tires, look at the Cyber EVO. Your car looks good, and there's nothing wrong with a little stretch and poke.
Thanks man, and yea I think people use that whole "it's not safe to blah blah" as an excuse. Autox isn't safe but if I posted up that that's what I was doing then everyone would approve.

I get that the s2k is a handling machine, I'm not an idiot. But by running a stretched tire my handling is not in the slightest bad, and I went with this setup because it's my dd, I'm not giving my car hell every weekend, so I went for a little stance. Believe it or not some ppl do like that regardless of if you do or not. I like the aggressive look. And why did I do it with rpf1's? Well, because if I do in fact decide to autox, these wheels are made for that, also, they are legit, affordable wheels and I simply like the way they look, if you wanna throw $3k my way for me to get some ccw's then by all means go ahead. So everyone bashing because of handling, please just give up, if it handled like ass I wouldn't be driving it.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 PM

Agreed. I guarantee half of the racecar bandwagon riders wouldn't be able to feel the difference in handling between your setup and a setup with "proper" fitting tires and wheels. I don't understand why you purists complain about stuff like this if it just "increases the value of your car".
Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 PM

What happens if you come upon a speed bump?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 PM

Why would you run such a low offset when a higher offset is available? Mine look very similar with a +45 offset and 245/40 tires in the front. The rear is 10 +38 with 255/40.

Name:  DSC_0124_zpsc15a3d3b.jpg
Views: 3696
Size:  94.2 KB
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 AM

Im going to be running a similar setup but with mustang cobra wheels. And the stretch to my fronts is just the same. I understand the look isnt for everyone but it makes you a more careful and aware driver... of course we cant go full blast over speedbumps... but then again who does ?? Potholes yeah well avoid them... dont you ?? And handling... in no way for every day driving will i feel the effects of these stretched tires on my car because im not blasting everywhere at 9k are you ?? I will still be able to take spirited drives and enjoy my car as will others running similar setups.. reason being is that out of the 100 people giving a racers mentality theres only 0.01 % of you who are actual drivers sorry not being an ass just being honest. Plus it doesnt look that haf either and its not some super expensive mod. Same ones condemning this fad out of racer ideals are the same people throwing $3k wings on their car along with thousands of dollars worth of carbon fiber and what not. Different strokes for different folks. I dont agree with just stuffing the biggest you can under your wheel wells just to show off. But if you want your car stanced and low so be it. When you buy coilovers if you want to say you dont buy them for the drop as well ill call you a liar because the only person i ever saw on here talking about buying coils to " raise " his car got flamed as well. To the op it looks nice and fits well. If you like it thats all that matters because at the end of the day its stil only your name thats on its title plain and simple.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:52 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet3010
Why would you run such a low offset when a higher offset is available? Mine look very similar with a +45 offset and 245/40 tires in the front. The rear is 10 +38 with 255/40.
This. Especially since there is no difference on lip size with this wheel.

The problem is we have multiple posts a day by people with crazy low offsets asking "Will this fit?" in the wheel section. As long as you know what you are getting into and the compromises you have to make, go for it. At the same time, I'm still going to tell people that no, a 9" +22 does not fit.

Quick Reply: 17x9+22 check it out