UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 04 reg moonrock S2000 £6500

Old 02-01-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 04 reg moonrock S2000 £6500

The time has come for me to sell my S2000 I've loved driving this thing for the past two and a half years, those who have had or driven one will know how much they make you smile but it's time for a change for me, I will probably have another at some point

It's an 04 plate in moonrock grey with black leather interior,
Completely standard, first two pics show it on coilovers but they are sold,
77k miles with full history and will be serviced before sale including new plugs,
Had a new windscreen fitted in October due to a stonechip that cracked,
Front calipers were rebuilt last February due to sticking pistons,
The soft top has a hole in the usual place above drivers shoulder but it's small and does not leak, will be patched before sale,
Bodywork is very good apart from stone chips on front bumper but that's to be expected from a car this age,
Tyres are like new and have only covered less than 1500 miles, they are nankang ns2's with 255 on the rear rather than 245, fronts are standard width though,
Has EBC drilled and grooved discs all round and ferodo ds2500 front pads,
Mot runs out shortly but will be sold with full years mot,
Tax runs out at end of march but can retax for 6 months for buyer,
Being the facelift model it has the revised suspension and 17" wheels which are all good, also has the heated glass rear screen so no cracked plastic,
Only other fault is the timing chain tensioner is sometimes noisy, a new honda one will be fitted before sale also,

I will be genuinely sad to see it go but it's time to get myself a nice big V8!

The price I'm after is £6500ono, I believe this to be a very fair price for the car,

Location is Montrose, DD10 9SE and the train station is only 10 mins from my door, I am happy to pick you up from station at any time

[/URL]

The hardtop is now sold so is not available with that, I will get more pictures with the soft top when the weather permits,

Any questions, just ask

Thanks for looking,

Alan
Old 02-01-2014, 11:49 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Lovely car and great price! Baffles me that you have fitted budget tyres on a car with such a twitchy back end.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:22 PM

To be honest I don't find it twitchy at all, it's very predictable and very easy to correct compared to other, higher powered rwd cars I've driven and then there's the fact I drive well within my limit as well as the cars, it's a road car that has not been on track therefore I don't see the need for expensive high end tyres, I don't see any need to see how fast the car can go around a corner etc I'm 28 years old and well past that stage

Had I been using it on track I would have another set of wheels with some sticky rubber
Old 02-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by broonie86
To be honest I don't find it twitchy at all, it's very predictable and very easy to correct compared to other, higher powered rwd cars I've driven and then there's the fact I drive well within my limit as well as the cars, it's a road car that has not been on track therefore I don't see the need for expensive high end tyres, I don't see any need to see how fast the car can go around a corner etc I'm 28 years old and well past that stage

Had I been using it on track I would have another set of wheels with some sticky rubber

good man
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 AM

This was put in for mot today, failed on n/s/r brake pipe, pads and sticking caliper, these are being replaced tonight and retested tomorrow so will have a full years mot!

It's replacement has come up for sale and I am needing it to sell this now so I am dropping the price to £6000ovno

It will be going on piston heads etc on Wednesday once I give it a good clean and get better pictures of it

Any questions, just ask

Thanks
Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 AM

Sold and gone

Hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did!