Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

SOLD

Old 04-05-2014, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD

SOLD! Enjoy it man!

Name: Allen
Location: Alexandria, VA (willing to meet within reasonable distance)
Year & Model: 2002 Spa Yellow
Means of Contact: email preferred, also can PM on here
Description: Turbo 2.4L F24C Longblock built by Jeremy Allen of InlinePro, InlinePro turbo kit making 510whp/397tq @ 15psi on 93 Octane, tuned by Evans Tuning in PA
Mileage: ~57K (sometimes I drive it to work, but it will stay under 58K)
Price: $16,500

Details/Background:
I bought this car on S2k last summer (https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/103...e__p__22697412). My daily driver is a motorcycle, so I decided I would go for a "fun" car since I had no actual need for a car. I've put less than 1k miles on it, but I've decided there's really no reason to have this car for my use cases. As I said in the purchase thread, my last car was a chipped S60R and the 18mos I owned it I reached an average speed of 17mph. Additionally, VA has an insane law where if you get pulled over going 80+ (or 20mph above posted), it's an additional $3,000 fine on top of the ticket, and there's a chance I would lose my job. So, basically, I have a car that makes insane power, but I only ever use it to go 8mi to work on DC's beltway, and if I find time to joy ride, I'm in felony territory in early third gear. Yes, it could be made into a track car, but I don't have the time to track it, nor the space to maintain a track car. So, I would consider this an unmotivated sale, just because I have no use for it. I've been mulling it over for awhile, but every time I drive it I can't wipe the smile on my face so I push it off a few weeks.

Things I have done since I bought it:
You can see the build details below, but since I've had it, I fixed the A/C (compressor was disconnected and system was overcharged). I removed the vinyl decals ("PA" on trunk lid and "oakesdetail.com" on wind deflector). I replaced the clutch slave cylinder and soft line. I've also purchased a master cyclinder and shift fork, but did not install them (I bought everything at once when I saw a clutch leak, but the slave cyl/line fixed it). Also replaced the parking light that was burnt out. I changed the oil with Mobil1 oil/filter, I reduced the number of shims/washers raking the hood because I felt it looked goofy, and that's pretty much it.

It passed emissions the day after I brought it home (that was a big concern of mine, but no issues). The stage 5 clutch is full-face, so you don't have the binary feel you get from a puck clutch. It is definitely daily driveable, but in all honesty if you live in DC/MD/VA, you probably don't want to. I've driven it daily on my commute for up to 10 days in a row, but it's a joyless commute, you *might* get up to 5k rpms on an on-ramp. If I still lived in SC or somewhere with more open roads, I would not be selling it. Basically in this soul-crushing DC traffic, there is just no opportunity to open it up, so I don't see the point in having it. FWIW, both of the vehicles I have my eye on for the summer make about 1/5th the power. There are 2 boost settings (10psi & 15psi). I have never even driven it on 15psi (10psi makes 440whp), and I can't possibly imagine when I would, since I can only realistically make use of 150 or so.

You can see other pics in the thread linked above, but I took some pics myself a few weeks ago.
Here's the full set on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122420...7643461305905/

If you have any questions or would like to set up a meet, please PM me or email SpaYellowS2kForSale@gmail.com

**PLEASE NOTE** During business hours, I HAVE NO ACCESS TO EMAIL/S2KI. So during the week, you will not hear from me until the evenings. I can't have a phone in my office and we have no access to the internet.

[attachment=56560:WP_20140308_11_27_44_Pro.jpg]

[attachment=56561:WP_20140308_11_28_01_Pro.jpg]

[attachment=56562:WP_20140308_11_29_38_Pro.jpg]

Originally Posted by Original Thread
Engine:
Torn down at 44K miles and completely rebuilt by Jeremy Allen of InLinePro(http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/) and (http://www.allenbuilt.blogspot.com/)
F24C stroker kit installed (http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-257-s2...roker-kit.aspx) with 10:1 compression CP pistons
stock head/stock cams/stock intake manifold
Every seal/gasket in the engine was replaced during rebuild
Car does not leak a drop of oil, which is not normally the case with turbocharged Hondas
Car dyno'd 510whp and 397TQ at the wheels at 15psi(very conservative boost level for this build--has never seen more than 15psi) on 93 octane and 440whp and 280TQ on 10psi
Car was professionally tuned by the best Honda tuner in the US(and likely the world) Jeff Evans (http://www.evans-tuning.com/) and has been running his tunes since 2008 with no issues....idles better than stock and gets better gas mileage than stock when not in boost--if you have enough self-control to keep it out of boost.

Turbo
Started out as an off the shelf stage1 kit(kept and use the cast manifold for durability purposes--stronger and lasts much longer than regular tubular manifolds--makes dyno numbers even more impressive considering those numbers normally come from stage2 kits running more boost than this car is)
InlinePRO T3/T4 Cast Iron turbo manifold
InlinePRO injector clips
InlinePRO 2.5" charge pipes
InlinePRO Blowoff Valve
InlinePRO 3" downpipe
InlinePRO Couplers and clamps
InlinePRO 600 hp intercooler
Tial MVS Wastegate
Walboro 255 fuel pump
InlinePRO Oil Feed kit
InlinePRO Oil Return kit

However, I opted for the more expensive options including:
-Precision Turbo .63 A/R Dual ball-bearing oil-cooled turbo
-Hondata ECU
-Injector Dynamics 1000CC fuel injectors
-Competition Clutches Stage 5 full-face clutch(makes daily driving a breeze and will hold all the power this car is capable of making)

Some other things that make this car unique and even more driver/user-friendly include
-AEM TruBoost Gauge-type Controller----this boost gauge is also able to hold two boost level tunes, currently running a 10psi boost tune and a 15psi boost tune; switchable on the fly
-Hondata ECU--This car will pass emissions and inspections in any state with no issues whatsoever. Installed race catalyst in exhaust so that it will also pass visual inspections. I have had this car inspected at VERY respectable(Rahal Honda, etc.) Honda dealers with this set up as-is and have never been turned away or denied. Never have to worry about failing emissions with this vehicle.
-Custom made Air/oil separator installed and hidden behind front bumper to evacuate oil vapors in valve cover(no dipstick blowing out or seals in engine being destroyed by pressurized crankcase gases)
-Custom made heatshields for battery/fusebox[which was relocated parallel to fender], intercooler pipes and air filter, all wrapped in 100% real/authentic Gold-Leaf heatwrap. Gold is the most reflective and least heat absorbing metal on the planet and this really helps keep underhood temperatures and air intake temperatures down to reasonable levels (also applied to rear bumper to help reduce warping/discolouration from exhaust gases)
-Innovative Mounts 75A(black) engine and trans mounts
-Braille 9-lb carbon-fiber racing battery
-Koyo Radiator with OEM fans/fan shrouds
-New alternator
-New starter
-Lightweight 18x8 and 18x9 SSR GT-7 wheels----not replicas, real-deal SSRs
-Hood is shimmed in the back(near the wind shield) to help dissipate heat from the engine bay

The Good:
- Stupid powerful, surprisingly driveable (if not necessarily fun in stop & go traffic)

The Bad:
- as noted in the original thread & pics, front bumper has a 3x4" area with paint missing, front emblem is missing, small tear in soft top
- I am responsible for a small dent in top of front right fender (less than dime size, I can try to take a pic if needed)

The Ugly:
- nothing really

**one addt'l caveat: it has a race battery, so I have battery tender leads hooked up. It's fine in the garage for 10 days or so, but if you're not going to drive it but once a month, you'll want to keep it on a tender.
Attached Thumbnails SOLD-wp_20140308_11_27_44_pro.jpg   SOLD-wp_20140308_11_28_01_pro.jpg   SOLD-wp_20140308_11_29_38_pro.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 AM

Had some requests for curb rash pics and vin verification, as well as videos.

All new pics are in a new set on flickr, here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/122420...7643521832865/

This is what I would consider the worst wheel, front right:

I tried to get a pic of the fender ding, but as you can imagine it's kinda difficult to capture. This is the best I could do:

All vin decals match, every one that was readily accessible is pictured in the set above.

As for videos, I screwed this one up. I mounted my Contour (gopro) on the pax seat, went from cold start through warm up, got on the highway ran it up to speed, went through all the gears, etc..would have been a great video if I had put the SD card in the camera first

I'll try to get back out there later today, but I did get 2 clips on my phone.

The first is pre-drive, showing that there are no active or pending codes:
http://youtu.be/i80m93yi55A

The second was right after the test drive, showing still no active/pending codes, shows all of the sensor readings, rock steady RPMs at idle, and a walk around to the back of the car while it was running. Sound is kinda quiet through my phone, but you can hear it running throughout the video:
http://youtu.be/iYaUHOVPk7k

ETA:
I got back out for a test drive, this time with an SD card
It's a pretty boring video and the audio is abysmal, but I guess it's at least proof that the car is plenty driveable? At about 4:45 (on the on-ramp, only time I got on it), it started lighting up the tires in third gear. I was not in VTEC nor did I have my foot to the floor. Shift points were low because redline=felony. This car is silly.
http://youtu.be/_4WE1Vrcnl4
Old 04-08-2014, 06:46 PM

I had a request for a detailed pic of the tear in the soft top. This is on pax side, sorry I can't hotlink the image from my phone, hopefully this link will work for now: https://flic.kr/p/mVfHTs

Also, this has a glass rear window with defroster.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 PM

Great price for a well built car Allen. Should sell pretty quick.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:32 PM

Very interested. Please email me at kdub351@yahoo.com. I'm down in norfolk not too far away
Old 04-10-2014, 12:51 AM

I wouldn't quite call it sold pending funds, but I showed it last night and the guy seemed very interested. I'll let you know either way, should hear something by tonight.
thanks,
-allen
Old 04-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Interested in any trades?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:51 PM

The only potential trade I'd consider would be 2002-2003 LTI TX2 (London black cab), but they're much harder to come across than a turbo S2k!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:18 PM

A taxi cab?!?
Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Like I said...DC has ruined my enthusiasm for powerful cars, time to find something that's fun at speeds under 30

Quick Reply: SOLD