New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

The "wave" (not just an S2000 thing)...

Old 12-01-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see where Wrangler owners share a wave. Think back and the wrangler was not main-stream 30 years ago.
If you drove a CJ-7, your ride was unique, so when you saw someone else driving one you waved (then stopped to help because it broke down)...my guess is that camaraderie carried over through the years.
Now, it wasn't until they introduced the YJ and the Sahara version that the Jeep lost its identity/mojo.
Growing up, the CJ was cool, impractical for most of us but cool. the YJ wasn't, I know, my sister wanted one...
But, by then they had established the wave...

The new Wrangler has some good lines (IMO), they are finally getting back to what people want/like in the looks department...but I can't speak to their reliability...

As for buying American, I went out on a limb 3 years ago when I purchased the ST, and I am happy I did. 80K miles later and no issues (looking for wood to knock on)
I was my first American car since the early 90's and I have no regrets. Ford actually produced a car that is fun to drive, gets sort of decent gas mileage, is not first out on race day, and has not cost a fortune to maintain. Maybe I got lucky, but right now I would consider another Ford.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Ken, I was really in a foul mood when I posted that hate. Mine is a 2007 JK, 4-door. It's very cool... I always wanted one, but it took 18 years for my Volvo V70 to die, so gratification was delayed. It seems that I may have finally peeled the whole onion on this thing. The check engine light is finally OFF after the exhaust manifold, cats, and finally a gas cap (!) have been replaced. The Death Wobble has not reappeared since I had most of the front-end replaced. And, now the ventilation system is working properly since a whole mess of shit from previous owners had fallen behind the instrument panel from the glove box and bent up the selector cable. Whew.

We'll see how this thing gets through the winter. I think it was abused badly with salt and lack of cleaning by earlier owners. That said, I'm not even close to being ready to give it a pass on all these problems. But, I'm really hoping it'll grow on me. I'm glad your Focus has held up well for you.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Jeep thing stems from the CJ days. I had a old 78 and a sweet 85 CJ7 and when no doors, you give the low hand wave, like the Harleys.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My other car is a 2015 Wrangler Sahara, and its been great. They switched over to a new engine, and new platform (I believe), and I haven't had any issues in almost 20k. That said, I opted for the 100k warranty regardless.