European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Greatest driving roads in Europe - Germany

Old 10-05-2011, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greatest driving roads in Europe - Germany

Schwarzwald - Black Forest

I have been this last weekend in the Black Forest, It's definitely worth a visit with your S2000.

Black Forest is located south west of Germany:

http://toolserver.org/~geohack/geoha...tain_region:DE

Freiburg would be a good reference when trying to find it out on the map. Here we are not speaking about a single road, the best you can do is to get lost.. get a map (a real map, not a GPS) and just drive over where appears to be interesting.. if it looks good on the map, it will look great in reality

Some of the roads are also known in the hill climbing scene

The sceneries in the Black Forest are one of the bests you can enjoy anywhere in Europe

There are some obvious destinations like Freiburg, Feldberg, Titisee, Schluchsee, Todtnau (don't miss the alpine coaster over there), etc.. the roads to these destinations are mostly too crowded (for example the roads to the lakes), but nevertheless it's worth a visit.

The bad part are those semi-vehicles with two wheels.. they appear to go berserk when they drive through the black forest (either that, or they are driving the classification round for MotoGP..)

Nevertheless you can't miss these roads (and your girlfriend/wife will enjoy them too)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 AM

THX, deibit. Perfect for when I go to Nürburg.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM

I have driven there as well(although not with the S2000), and I can say that these roads are in very good condition. They are awesome to drive and have a nice view, with alot of nice curves etc.
I do agree that motorcycles go berserk there, driving without looking at the other road users most of the time.

Definately a
Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 AM

absolutely stunning beautiful scenery, i used to love driving through Germany when we used to deliver there a few years back, i do miss it Ang