Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Alabama S2000 Dragon Road Trip

Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Alabama S2000 Dragon Road Trip

From Mobile to the hotel is between 9 and 10 hours, but the ride above Atlanta would be alot of fun to drive.

When: April 15th-17th, 2011
Where: Fontana Village Resort, Fontana Dam, NC
Registration EXTENDED ENDS 3/27/11 @ 11:55pm

WTD9 2011 (Wake the Dragon 2011), our 9th annual Honda S2000 event on the famous Dragon! 318 curves in 11 miles and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other S2000 enthusiasts. Located in the beautiful mountains of NC/TN, this is an event not to be missed! (Links to Dragon area information are listed below)

Our event starts April 15th (Friday) and ends on April 17th (Sunday). A quick itinerary is included below (a complete detailed itinerary will be emailed to you before the event).

This year's event will feature all-inclusive ticket pricing. Details below:

WTD9 2011 - DRIVER REGISTRATION - $95
Includes: Dinner on Friday, Lunch on Saturday, Dinner on Saturday (Fontana Village Resort), Event T-Shirt, Magnet, Lanyard with Nametag, Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

WTD9 2011 - PASSENGER REGISTRATION - $65
Includes: Dinner on Friday, Lunch on Saturday, Dinner on Saturday (Fontana Village Resort), Lanyard with Nametag, Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

WTD9 2011 - EXTRA EVENT T-SHIRT - $20
Includes: 1 event t-shirt.

Make your HOTEL RESERVATIONS by March 1st (Discounts will not be honored for reservations made AFTER March 1st) by calling Fontana Village Resort at 800.849.2258 and use code: HONDA WAKE THE DRAGON EVENT. Discounts have been provided for those who utilize our Group Discount. Fontana Village Resort will not honor the room discount if you are not registered for the event. The link below provides additional information on Fontana, including accommodation descriptions, maps and directions.

Link to Fontana Village: http://www.fontanavillage.com

Link to Village Map (Rooms/Cottages): http://www.fontanavillage.com/maps/villagelegend.pdf

QUICK ITINERARY

(Complete *detailed* itinerary will be emailed to you prior to the event - you are encouraged to PRINT and BRING with you to the event)

Friday, April 15th - Lots of Dragon driving and be sure to check out surrounding roads for a great time. Many folks will arrive on this day (many arrive earlier). Plan to attend the gathering which will be held at the Ballfield. We'll have tables set up. You'll need to pick up your registration packet which will include your event t-shirt and event credentials. Be sure to wear your lanyard and nametag to join in (this will serve as your MEAL pass for the event weekend). Lots of great times to be had. We'll also have a "First Timer's Orientation" and "Dragon Buddy" ridealong on Saturday morning. Check the final itinerary for exact time and meeting location. If this is your first Dragon event, we encourage you to join in and meet some other first timers and learn tips on driving your S2000 on the Dragon.

Saturday, April 16th - The official "DAY" of the event. We'll roll out from Fontana as a large S2000 group - great for video lovers and those wanting great pics of all the S2000s. Dragon driving...and lots of it is on the agenda. Lunch will be provided by Deal's Gap. Check out a variety of Group Drives (these will be organized drives on various roads surrounding the Dragon). If you choose not to do any of the drives, you are welcome to continue driving the Dragon, explore the area on your own or go back to relax at Fontana. Dinner will be served at the Fontana Resort. We'll enjoy a banquet style dinner with a recap of our event and likely a presentation to follow.

Sunday, April 17th - Say goodbye to fellow S2000 enthusiasts. Some folks will be driving the Dragon (I know, we're crazy people), but the majority will be leaving on this day.

We look forward to seeing you on the Dragon!

Additional Area Information:
www.tailofthedragon.com
www.dealsgap.com

Ready to Register? Click on the link below:

anyone interested in doing the Dragon Road Trip in April 2011
Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sounds very fun, any idea on how long the drive is?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Community Organizer

I used google to check the route from Mobile to Fontana Dam, NC it took about 9 to 10 hours including stops to get there. Here is the route use the following cities: Mobile, Al to Cleveland, Tn to Sylva, NC to Fontana Dam, NC. I can drive on the Interstate anytime so some back roads would be a nice change of pace if you know what I mean. Deleting the Sylva route would cut about 45 minutes of drive but the roads look very fun to cruise on. The rooms at the Fontana Village Inn run around 100 bucks a night for a 2 bedroom, 2 queen size not a bad deal if you split a room with someone. Later David
Old 12-31-2010, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could make it, but I've already got plans for that weekend.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:59 AM

Sounds like a great event, let me check my schedule to see if i can make it. Paul
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Community Organizer

I am in like flint just register this evening. Just can't wait for this. Later David
Old 01-06-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

I want to go, anyone else from Huntspatch planning to make the trip?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Es possible.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:04 AM

I might be down for this, but I have ZDayZ in May at the Dragon lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was there in August. Loved it even with all the police.

I won't be able make this run.

Quick Reply: Alabama S2000 Dragon Road Trip