Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

AS2K Drsgon Road Trip 2017

Old 06-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Old 06-18-2017, 02:02 PM

More Picks Here:
https://killboy.photoreflect.com/sto...aspx?a=1007553
Old 06-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Well the first AS2K Drsgon Road Trip is in the books. Total of 3 cars braved the trip up (with another couple from West Virginia in the area that hooked up with us for a day to check out some great mountain roads in the area. Staying in Waynesville away from all the heavy traffic near the Dragon. Day 1 doing about a 4 hour drive to Brevard and back a very nice drive on 276. Day 2 we drove down to the Dragon stopping at Deal's Gap for a shopping break. Doing the dragon in both directions so they could get a taste of the road. Then to the Skyway towards Tellico Plains eating at a great restaurant there. Heading back to Waynesville, NC. I must say that Waynesville has a lot of great eating establishments. Each night someone picked a different place to eat. The Sweet Onion was to me was the best dinner of the trip. I personal would like to thanks John, Glenn, Cindy, Sandy and Lionel going to make this happpen. I have been working to get some of the AS2K owners up there so a while. Hope to get another meet going next year. So stay tuned people. Later BD
Old 06-19-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks again for a fun drive Dave. I discovered some more amazing roads in South western VA on the way home. We ended up moving on to Marion Saturday night so didn't get to hit the routes near Boone except for 221 which was great. Rt 58 or the Grayson Highlands Parkway is tight and technical. As good as or better than 'Back of the Dragon'. Lots of other really tight and technical roads in the area. All had good pavement and low traffic on Sunday.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
Well the first AS2K Drsgon Road Trip is in the books. Total of 3 cars braved the trip up (with another couple from West Virginia in the area that hooked up with us for a day to check out some great mountain roads in the area. Staying in Waynesville away from all the heavy traffic near the Dragon. Day 1 doing about a 4 hour drive to Brevard and back a very nice drive on 276. Day 2 we drove down to the Dragon stopping at Deal's Gap for a shopping break. Doing the dragon in both directions so they could get a taste of the road. Then to the Skyway towards Tellico Plains eating at a great restaurant there. Heading back to Waynesville, NC. I must say that Waynesville has a lot of great eating establishments. Each night someone picked a different place to eat. The Sweet Onion was to me was the best dinner of the trip. I personal would like to thanks John, Glenn, Cindy, Sandy and Lionel going to make this happpen. I have been working to get some of the AS2K owners up there so a while. Hope to get another meet going next year. So stay tuned people. Later BD
David, thanks for putting the trip together. It was great, in fact my wife says she'd like to make it an annual event!
Old 06-20-2017, 03:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
Thanks Dave for keeping us safe. It was awesome not having to worry about what we're going to do each day, just get in the car an drive.