Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Local Mod Day

Old 08-19-2004, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Mod Day

This was discussed at our last meeting so I guess it is time to start throwing around some dates. I look at it as more of a social car wash and helping with mild mods amongst community members rather than a heavy mechanical session. We will have a nice covered facility/warehouse to work in. There is also a concrete loading dock just outside that will be great for washing cars and such. It is located in Madison just off 20 by Jackson's family restaurant. Sunday will be the best day for the building to be made available to us. So with this in mind how are these dates or if we need more time feel free to offer suggestions.

Sept Sept 26th?

Start around 10:30am. (Later is fine I will be there then)

I will likely show up early to make sure everything is ready and even get a headstart on my car.

There are plenty of places to eat around but we could all bring chips & dips or hand foods to make it easy at lunchtime since many of us will be at different points with our cars. There is a table large enough to seat 12 or so inside so a Pizza buffet might be a good option. I will check in to see if we could get a group deal on some pizzas or something if the interest is there.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Ok looking like we will be having fun on Sunday starting at 10:30am. The location is in Madison next to Jackson's Family Restaurant.

Here are some maps.
Main map
Zoomed map

I wanted to give a little more detail in directions for those coming from out of town.
From I65, you will want to take the 565E to Huntsville Exit. From there it is about 10-15 minutes at a 75-80mph pace where you will see the Wall Triana Exit. You will exit to the right side of 565 and then make a left coming back across 565 at the top of the ramp. Follow this to the first light/intersection where you will make a right on Madison Blvd/Hwy 20. Look for Arby's on your right as it will be the next road on your right after Arby's. This road is Quarry Rd. Also when you open these map links be sure that internet explorer is not auto resizing them. They are pretty big images that should be clear when viewing them at their original size. With Internet Explorer 6 if you hover your mouse over the image for a second you should see a box appear in the lower right hand corner that will allow you to view the image without it being resized. I hope this helps.

Attendending - (bringing)
Nosman - general sickness for cleaning cars, detailing tools to fix that and a small toolbox/jacks
RBC3 - speeding ticket from Knoxville area, Jennifer? (see middle of thread)
CDJunkie - valid photo id to prove he exists
VOIP - circular saw for front tape removal and beer!
Kronos - stereo expertise and his better half for taking pictures of anything we break/picture of CDJunkie for future ID purposes
Foxman - Some sort of towels good for cleaning up spilt beer
chandler_hall - porter cable for Nosman to oogle , tickets to Miami concert
S2kEvolution - Newly painted 04 wheels and Dark_Sub_Rosa
Dark_Sub_Rosa - see above
Dave Parker
SlowS2k - A hardtop?

Possible
jaclarke - proof red is faster and to possibly partake in *Homer voice* mmm beer

jpog - rekindled for S2k's

Still looking for suggestions about lunch. Everyone want to do a pizza lunch or just fend for yoursef when the time comes? If I'm missing anyone please chime in!
Old 08-19-2004, 07:40 AM

I would have to vote for Sept 26th, as the 12th is booked for me already. I would also be able to do the 19th, but I noticed that wasn't an option.

I need to do - cleaning, fluid changes, and work on my bose sub.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:50 AM

If the 19th proves to be the only time we can then I will see what I can do. I will be traveling that Sat and I'm just not sure I will be able to commit to the following day yet.

When listing what you are hoping to accomplish at the mod day, please be sure to mention what you can provide. We will need jacks, stands, fluid containers and tools etc. I will be bringing a standard tool set, jack, 2 sets of jack stands and some cleaning supplies which will include a hose, nozzle, water blade, absorber/towels, porter cable buffer/extension cable and a bucket of chemicals/waxes. They have an air compressor there also so I will bring my air wrench, impact gun and extra hose/nozzles also.

If you can bring what you need and can fit I'm sure it will help to have extra of anything.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:49 AM

I won't be able to make either. But then I am booked solid til November and that is already filling up.

BTW: Sept. 19th is a TAC Autocross.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:31 AM

Oh yeah, add calipers also!!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:28 AM

Either weekend is good for me. I can bring extra microfibers but that's about it. I'm not a tool guy.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by FoxMan,Aug 20 2004, 11:28 AM
Either weekend is good for me. I can bring extra microfibers but that's about it. I'm not a tool guy.
I have some screwdrivers and a circular saw. Not sure how handy that is...

WTH is a microfiber?
Old 08-22-2004, 04:50 PM

towels... one towel can dry up to 3 s2000s
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM

Cool...I would make the drive down for a wash day. Don't know how much room for tools I will have, but we shall see. Either date would be OK, I think.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:20 PM

Well I think with patience we will be ok with most of the tools I can bring. It looks like fluid containers might be a pain though. I only have one oil pan. We will just have to be efficient. I will spend the majority of my time going through a detail session for anyone interested. Then I will help with any mechanical things I can. What other interests are there besides cleaning so we can plan for any other needs?

Caliper painting won't happen as it requires 24 hours to cure before driving.

Quick Reply: Local Mod Day