Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Slow motion thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new ride, Reckon!

Too bad you had the autocross date wrong, there was an S4 dodging cones on Sat that might have inspired you to drive yours at the next event.

That's a great warranty you got out of the deal. Will your planned mods not endanger it?
Old 07-13-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I stopped by on Saturday at 945am and there were no cars in the lot or anything...I thought the event started at 10 for actual trials/runs. Not sure what happened...I did see some guys out walking the course but that was it.

And thanks - love the S4 and can't wait to get the ECU upgrade!
Old 07-13-2015, 05:30 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckon
No I stopped by on Saturday at 945am and there were no cars in the lot or anything...I thought the event started at 10 for actual trials/runs. Not sure what happened...I did see some guys out walking the course but that was it.

Did you go to John Hunt Park (the old Airport) or Milton Frank Stadium? We had 85 racers!

Wait we were on the North Side of the Stadium, I'll bet you were on the South.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Reckon

Did you by any chance check out the north side of the site? That's where paddock was on Saturday, since the course was long and took up 3 sides of the stadium.

If you were trying to get in through the south gate, it was closed - that was the middle leg of the course. Everyone was at the opposite side, the trailer, grid, start/finish, etc.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:03 AM

Awesome looking ride Reckon! I love the look. I bet it drives a lot nicer than the S too for a daily.

As for that yellow S2k with the wing, I don't think he's on the forum. I've seen him around too. I almost stopped to talk to him at the post office, but didn't have time.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tnE30fan
Originally Posted by Reckon' timestamp='1436834065' post='23679523

Did you by any chance check out the north side of the site? That's where paddock was on Saturday, since the course was long and took up 3 sides of the stadium.

If you were trying to get in through the south gate, it was closed - that was the middle leg of the course. Everyone was at the opposite side, the trailer, grid, start/finish, etc.
Darnit...that is probably what happened. I didn't know there was another side. I'll make sure to pay attention to that next time.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Heavens Wing
Awesome looking ride Reckon! I love the look. I bet it drives a lot nicer than the S too for a daily.

She drives amazing...that low end torque is something else! I will say I am overly impressed with the fit and finish of the car - quality is amazing and you really do get what you pay for!!! The S4 I have was $60k new in 2014 (found the sticker in the glove box with all of the options listed) and it shows that it was expensive. Absolutely love it and can't wait to do the ECU upgrade (still figuring out the warranty issue, i.e. weather it is void if I get the upgrade...there is an Audi dealership in Nashville that does it so I will be talking to them as well).
Old 07-16-2015, 01:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it appears that Kermdaddy's luck decided to turn. I pulled the intercooler barrel off the car to try to get a better fit. It had gear oil in the elbow. Took the blower off and the internals had a pretty good amount of oil in them. I had drove it the same day also but gingerly since it has had an issue. It was good that I found it now. Also when I took the blower off one of the L bracket bolts was gone. Don't have a clue where it went. I think I'm going to take the header off and wrap it while the car will be down for awhile. Going to take the TB to Leon to start making the piece to relocate the TB. Also found that Jason must have forgot to put the gasket for the SC exit back on. It didn't have one.

My motor mounts are also shot also.

And the reason behind driving the Honda today in the first place was that when I came out of daycare the BMW water temp was in the red. I turned the heat on and got moving. The dash started to freeze various times on the way to work. I drove it home during lunch. Upon further research the cluster probabgly is going out. Just another thing to buy. I don't think it ever got hot in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails Slow motion thread-imag0082.jpg   Slow motion thread-imag0080.jpg  
Old 07-16-2015, 06:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you found that. Did you run the North vs South event this past weekend?
Old 07-16-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Kermdaddy
Well it appears that Kermdaddy's luck decided to turn. I pulled the intercooler barrel off the car to try to get a better fit. It had gear oil in the elbow. Took the blower off and the internals had a pretty good amount of oil in them. I had drove it the same day also but gingerly since it has had an issue. It was good that I found it now. Also when I took the blower off one of the L bracket bolts was gone. Don't have a clue where it went. I think I'm going to take the header off and wrap it while the car will be down for awhile. Going to take the TB to Leon to start making the piece to relocate the TB. Also found that Jason must have forgot to put the gasket for the SC exit back on. It didn't have one.

My motor mounts are also shot also.

And the reason behind driving the Honda today in the first place was that when I came out of daycare the BMW water temp was in the red. I turned the heat on and got moving. The dash started to freeze various times on the way to work. I drove it home during lunch. Upon further research the cluster probabgly is going out. Just another thing to buy. I don't think it ever got hot in the first place.
That's a bad day. What year and model BMW?

Quick Reply: Slow motion thread