Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

2014 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Old 05-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82
I will check it out and see if Renee and I can make it!
Awesome I hope you guys can come.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Id be down. in my house we have two s2k's, an ap1 and ap2-think I could take both? factoring in that i'd have to pay double admission obviously.

Ian
Old 05-21-2014, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blondienirvana
Id be down. in my house we have two s2k's, an ap1 and ap2-think I could take both? factoring in that i'd have to pay double admission obviously.

Ian
Absolutely! Bring all of the S2000s you can find. Yes, you would have to pay for each car, unless you're planning on taking one on Saturday and the other on Sunday. But hopefully your house has two S2Ks and two S2K drivers.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on, Frank... S2000 > MINI

Just to avoid confusion... As mentioned in the first post, parking in the show is $30. Also, we're already set up as a legitimate car club in the Asian section, so we'll have an area blocked off for us. We'll talk about a caravan closer to the event, but just know that you don't have to drive in together. More on that at a later date. Hold off on registering for now - there's an extra step to registering as part of a club and I'm still waiting to hear the final details from the PVGP about that. By early June, I'll post all of the info for registering, a caravan, arrival to the show, etc.
Come on, Sarah.............wife > friends.

But I love what you're doing.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Community Organizer

Talked to Friedlander today,he is in. That makes 10!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mmoore9700
Talked to Friedlander today,he is in. That makes 10!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Put in my request off this week at work. Cant wait to see it i've never actually seen the VGP.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:18 AM

OFFICIAL S2KI@PVGP INFORMATION

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is next month! Wooooo!! Here's everything I know so far. I'll update this post if anything changes.

Registration
Registration is now open for the event. Read below first, then click here: Register!

IMPORTANT: On the second page of the registration process, you must enter "S2KI Allegheny S2000 Owners Club" in the Car Club Affiliation field. That's the only way for the PVGP people to know how much space to reserve for us. You'll get an email confirmation, but nothing will be sent to you in the mail and you don't need to bring any paperwork to the event. They'll have your information at the gate when you arrive.

The organizers have asked that we all register by July 10th (I know the site says July 18th, but we're special) so they have time to map out the different club areas. I'll post a reminder a couple of days before then. Just to be clear, there are no refunds and the event is rain or shine. Also, if you absolutely can't preregister, you can pay at the gate on Saturday. However, there's a possibility that there won't be enough room for you to park in our designated S2KI area, so I recommend preregistering.

Caravan and Arrival
The main event for us will take place on Saturday, July 19th. The gates open at 9:30am. Walt (cilocar) and I will be there waiting to direct you to our area and line up the cars. You guys seem to be fans of caravanning places, so I'd like to use that as a tool to streamline the arrival process. If everyone could get there at the same time, or at least in a couple of groups, it would be much easier to get everyone parked. As we get closer to the event, I'll figure out a good meeting location and time (suggestions are welcome). You definitely don't have to caravan in. If you're preregistered and you've posted here that you're coming, we'll save a spot for you. I would still suggest getting there as early as possible though, just in case the Mazda people get unruly and start moving into our turf.

I know some of you are already planning on going both days (myself included), but on Sunday you can come whenever you want. Sundays are much less crowded, so even though we won't have a special blocked off section, you'll be able to park together anyway.

Lunch, etc.
You can bring a picnic lunch if you'd like or you can buy food there. The food for sale is county fair style - think Italian sausage sandwiches and funnel cakes sold from a trailer. This is a BYOB event, if you're into that kind of thing. I recommend bringing lawn chairs, sunscreen, and plenty of water. It gets hot out there! And of course, wear comfy shoes.

Here's some additional info about the PVGP rules and such: General Event Information

That's it for now. Please let me know if I'm leaving anything out or if you have any questions. This is going to be so much fun!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Talked to Revy and chee63 this weekend at CnC, both said they were interested. That makes 12!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmoore9700
Talked to Revy and chee63 this weekend at CnC, both said they were interested. That makes 12!
Thats awesome!

Quick Reply: 2014 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix