Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Fall Colors 2004 in Western PA!

Old 01-18-2004, 06:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spt-s2k
Jim,
I'm eagerly waiting for this weather to break.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As soon as the salt isoff the road we'll do this. Hopefully we can have some info on the route by the time of the Vintage Spring meet and I/we can discuss with Rick then.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Been in Youngstown since yesterday. Shoveled snow and hauled in firewood, but mainly have sat around the fireplace. Soooo glad I didn't drive the S! It was tempting as the weather was perfect until I hit the tunnel west of Breezewood on the PA Turnpike. I leave in the AM.... doubt you'll be rid of the road salt anytime soon.

Sam!
Old 01-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by FF2Skip
.... doubt you'll be rid of the road salt anytime soon.

Sam!
Unfortunately I have to agree with you Skip. However, we can start to look at maps and begin planning some routes to test.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FF2Skip
Brrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 01-18-2004, 06:38 PM

Never said I wouldn't drive my S in the rain or salt-covered roads! All I said was that this time I was glad I didn't drive 'er 'cause for all the construction that is forever being done on the PAT, it was in terrible condition yesterday. As soon as I hit the OHT, it was clean-n-green in both lanes. i could never completely put my car to rest for months at a time. There is always a day or two that are flukes and MUST be exploited!
Old 01-18-2004, 06:40 PM

Besides, I have crappy tires on the car... even when it's warm and dry they suck! ES100's... you get what you pay for. If you baby your car and drive it like a Cavalier(that's for the Ohio floks- Lordstown), then sure, they're ok, but for nothing else!

Thread takes off on another tangent!!! But Jim said it was ok!
Old 01-19-2004, 03:55 AM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Skip,
Have a safe trip home, and sorry we couldn't get together. I understand your situation with your father, and time spent with him is important.
Now as for driving the S up here in the winter, for us it's not that easy. Once it gets cold and crappy out, that is it for a couple months. The forcast is snow all week here, that means more wet and salted roads. Not for my car. As you have seen our winters are worse than in Virginia, usually! Otherwise a lot of us could find that occasional nice day for a ride just like you .
on brother!!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:19 AM
Former Moderator

It's not about the snow. That will melt. It's all about the Salt and other crap they put on the roads that screws up driving for months at a time. I had mine out a couple weeks ago to take it to the body shop to have the new rear 04 bumper cover painted and put on. I immediately brought it home and put it up on jack stands to rinse the salt off of the bottom of the car. However, the 04 rear end looks awesome, just waiting for the cap for the bumper cover then I will post pictures.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:08 PM

Thanks, Sam. I made it home. Note to self: Get windshield sprayer nozzles fixed on any car going up north. I had to stopped 3x's to hand wipe my windshield! It was that bad! Not to mention that any water froze immediately on the windshield... oh, so that's what the defroster is for! Got it!

Jim- pics... NOW!!! And as far as cleaning under the car, I have done that more than I care to remember! Something soothing though- having the car on 4 jackstands. I mean, you can easily slide under her and just start detailing. Maybe I'm , but I love giving 'er that special attention!

Quick Reply: Fall Colors 2004 in Western PA!