Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

LED Daytime Running Lights

Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested to see how these look!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed. Seen these with yellow vyinl covers look great... actually seem to make the car look wider.. want to see these with in depth pics and in the dark etc...
Old 10-08-2013, 02:51 AM
Community Organizer

Sorry it's been so long guys. Crazy busy at work lately. I promise these will get done and it will got documented in depth just like the windshield tape removal, the footwell lights and the exhaust.

Stay tuned!
Old 12-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Community Organizer

Got some time off from work coming up. Hoping to get these installed in January!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:14 AM

Any newssss?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Community Organizer

Sorry guys and gals. Its been too cold to pull the car out to work on it or lay on the floor. I promise you this will get done and will be properly documented for everyone to see. Sorry for how long its taken. Trust me I want it done too!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Slacker!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bought these a month ago. Took bumper off yesterday and this weekend will mount lights.
Funny how the bumper looks so much bigger in the kitchen!
Not sure where to tie in for power. I have a 2006 with existing day time running lights. Wondering if I connect to existing fuse, that I will exceed current.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saturday evening I started to mount DRLs. First I drilled the electric wire hole larger to help with determining where to drill mounting stud holes. Marked and drilled pilot holes. Pretty close but needed to enlarge to fit. A little sloppy but added flat washers. So right side went pretty good. Left side stud broke off just as soon as I began to tighten self-locking nut. Removed other nut, and removed DRL remaining stud. Of course that stud was almost impossible to remove. I suggest that you use lock washers and regular nut so as not to over torque stud as you tighten. I remounted the DRL with Scotch Extreme Mounting Tape. I actually like the fit better than the other bolted on DRL.
Today I remounted the bumper. I decided to hook up lights using a Remote Control Harness, Part #PL-HARN7A, I purchased at PepBoys for $30. It has harness, relay, fuse, and remote transmitter. I powered it directly from the bus in the Under Hood Auxiliary fuse box located by the brake fluid Reservoir. Make sure you hook up harness wires when you place bumper. The right DRL wires barely reach to the left side where I placed the harness. I had to use Bullit Disconnects on existing DRL wires to be compatible with Remote Control Harness
Hooked the ground to existing bolt just forward of fuse box. I mounted the Remote Control Box in engine compartment forward of wheel well. The remote transmitter actuates the lights from anywhere with simple On/Off buttons. I just keep it in the console. I placed all the wires in black split conduit and tie-wrapped to existing wiring bundle for a "professional" look.
Neighbor lady passed and I asked if she would enhance the DRLs by posing next to car!
Attached Thumbnails LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4782.jpg   LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4791.jpg   LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4799.jpg   LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4800.jpg   LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4802.jpg  

LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4804.jpg   LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4808.jpg   LED Daytime Running Lights-img_4809.jpg  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Community Organizer

THAT IS AWESOME! Thanks for the step by step and pictures. Your driveway looks a lot nicer then mine right now (we just got another 4 inches of snow!!!!!)

Can't wait to get mine on.

Quick Reply: LED Daytime Running Lights