Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Redline: Time Attack! @ Summit Point

Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline: Time Attack! @ Summit Point

Hey every one,
I thought for sure I saw a post about this the other day, so if this is a repost, then let me know.

Redline is back at Summit Point again this year. September 29 & 30, 2007 is the Redline: Time Attack! We had a great Time Attack on the Shenandoah circuit last year and we're back for more! Saturday is a High Performance Driving Day and Open Track Day with no competition. This is a great opportunity to get in some hot lapping and some practice. We'll also have a full high performance driving school on Saturday for people who are new to track driving or for drivers that want to get extra instruction for this track.

Sunday is the Redline Time Attack time trial competition.
Please visit www.redlinetimeattack.com for more info.
Here is a direct link to the Summit Point event: http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-6Summit07.htm
Post up with any questions. Hope to see some you back at the track this year.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 PM

I'll be there Saturday for sure......probably driving down early that morning.......who can i drive down with from this area??
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM

This is sooooooo tempting. Are you just going to Saturday's session or staying for Sunday as well?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM

Dennis I'm just going Saturday day......the time attack Sunday is all out Nuts fast driving against the clock.....Saturday is an open practice but this is still hardcore track driving.....i wouldn't enter this for your sake or anyone else on our forum other than PAYALS2k is going.....its not really geared for beginner level participants.....pretty much 95% of the cars there have a good bit of track expierence and are serious track guys. You would not be comfortable with the pace run and i don't think this is a good way to introduce new drivers to the track.

Beaver Run has flat out days with Groups 1-4 which is a perfect way to get on the big track for the 1st time with an instructor......this is what i would want our forum guys to try 1st before they enter an event like this.......However if you want to drive down with me and see what its all about that would be a great cruise for us.....you could watch and see to get an idea of the speed and if they allow riders Saturday......you could ride shotgun with me to see what its all about.....its up to you??
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are 3 members from pittsburgh area going down friday night. my son in his civic, he won second in st louis front wheel dr street, myself i won 1st place in st louis rear wheel dr street. SECONDROUND he won third in montreal with his 01 S2000, and REVHARD this will be his first event in his S2000 he traded his EVO last month. we are participating both days. you are more than welcome to come down with us. there should be a good turn out for this event..... a few guys that work for redline live in the area and have been advertising down there for months. looks like redline cancelled the atlanta event at the end of august.........it seems funny to me that on the east coast we only get 20 -30 cars at these events but on the west coast they have over 100 cars at every event. hopefully summitt point will be a good event.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 PM

ya but remember.....thats better track time for us

thats what i like......empty tracks to practice on.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bc02,Aug 7 2007, 12:40 AM
Dennis I'm just going Saturday day......the time attack Sunday is all out Nuts fast driving against the clock.....Saturday is an open practice but this is still hardcore track driving.....i wouldn't enter this for your sake or anyone else on our forum other than PAYALS2k is going.....its not really geared for beginner level participants.....pretty much 95% of the cars there have a good bit of track expierence and are serious track guys. You would not be comfortable with the pace run and i don't think this is a good way to introduce new drivers to the track.

Beaver Run has flat out days with Groups 1-4 which is a perfect way to get on the big track for the 1st time with an instructor......this is what i would want our forum guys to try 1st before they enter an event like this.......However if you want to drive down with me and see what its all about that would be a great cruise for us.....you could watch and see to get an idea of the speed and if they allow riders Saturday......you could ride shotgun with me to see what its all about.....its up to you??
Your right we get some fast guys in the higher level classes, but last year at Summit we had a fair amount of newbs at the track. Because of this, we've got a full on High performance driving school on Saturday and a run group just for beginners on Saturday. We'll have a ground school, in car instruction and a full staff of very experienced instructors who have hundreds of hours on that track. We're very beginner friendly and have brought many drivers up to speed safely on a road course. Even though we have or normal set of super fast track guys, we'll also have a good amount of intermediate and beginner drivers as well. All are welcome. I encourage beginners to come on Saturday for sure!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:36 PM

i just registered for Sat 29th only.......anyone want to cruise down early that morning??
Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

were going fri night, u r welcome to stay with us that night.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:32 AM

do you know what time the track opens Satuday.....and when practice begins?

Quick Reply: Redline: Time Attack! @ Summit Point