Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Stereo Tech Day, Pool Party No BS thread. 9/30/07

Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stereo Tech Day, Pool Party No BS thread. 9/30/07

Looks like the 30th is our date everyone!!!!

**Talking to Paul (s-cargo), later in September is good for him. Me too. So the 29th or the 30th are our only choices. October is busy for me and then the holidays. So what I need from everyone is a date preference, significant other/kid attendance, and what your plans are for the day. Are you...

1. Going to need my help.
2. Going to need me to do the whole shibang.
3. Going to pony up and do it your damn self.
4. Going to hang out and watch the experts hurt themselves or their cars.
5. Going to hang out by the pool and cackle it up with the hens.
6. Going to...hell I don't know. Can I just show up???

The weather should still be ok for swimming and the pool's heated. If not, I'm sure we'll have a good time anyways.

I really want to see as many people there as we can muster, so highest voted on date wins. Let's see how this goes.

Attendees:

1. Phil (Ruined 2), +1 (if she's not working which is rare)
2. Dennis (suprfunguy), 29th-30th swing vote, +1, #4 and #6
3. Aldo (villain2000), 30th deciding vote, +1, #3, possibly #1
4. Maury (Jumpy Guy), 30th easy-going vote, #4
5. Paul (s-cargo), 30th, #1
6. preppys2000, 30th , #1 (Dan ) I probably should know )
7. Matt ( ) (marks lude), maybe +1 if she's not still airbourne, #4 and #6
8. Kevin (krich), #4 and #6

This is the header from the original thread. Link to entire thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=514088

---I need to do some stereo work on s-cargo's car soon and it'll probably happen at my parents' house. Nice big garage and what-not. And I could probably be talked into other projects as well, as long as they're not too involved.

But they also have a killer back yard with a pool and a built-in grille. Many a party has been held there over the years, much to my mother's dismay . I would like to know if this would be something my Allegheny brothers and sisters would be interested in doing. Date TBA right now, post up what would be good for you. I'd like to try a Sunday, or at least a Saturday that Misty doesn't work, the poor thing. We could all provide the grub/beverages/etc. if that's cool with everyone. Or we could just order a ton of pizza pie when we feel like it. It doesn't have to be that big of a deal. Just a chance to get together and hang out. We always seem to have fun when we do that, car or not.

Kids would be welcome of course, just lifeguard 'em yourself. I can barely take care of myself you know! Nudity is not required but encouraged (this means you Aldo! ), and pasty white skin is accepted with a smile and open arms.

Please post up some ideas/suggestions/criticisms/jabs/etc. to get this ball rolling. I'll post some pics of the spread tomorrow to let you all know what's up with the venue.

Thanks all.
Phil.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil, please put me down for the 29th and the 30th. One day isn't enough for me.

I'm up for bringing food, drinks, etc... just let me know what you need. Also, contributing to a pizza fund is fine with me as well.

Hopefully, I won't need any of your "highly skillled labor" on party day. That leaves me free to pitch in where needed. Like...making Keg runs in the Ridgeline.

Bill on the other hand will need a little assistance. I'm thinking we can have his car towed to the party. With all of us there, we should be able to remove his engine and complete a major rebuild on site. Afterwards, if we have enough time, we can do some modified street tuning of his stand alone fuel management system using AEM's datalink and laptop connection. I'll bring my Craftsman socket set and jack stands. I'm sure we could also use a screw driver or two...
Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 AM

Do I have to get a rolled up newspaper and start smackin' wet noses????

Really Dennis, which day is best? Or is either good for you? And will you be stag?

I would think it's up to whoever involved if they want to bring something to eat/drink. If we don't have enough to make it a smorgasbord, we'll get pie, etc.

I know how tough it can be, my little Allegheny special folk, but please try not to ramble all over the place in this thread. Unless you answer all of my questions first, then go nuts .
Old 09-06-2007, 07:18 AM

Put me down as plus one...I'm good either day.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by suprfunguy,Sep 6 2007, 10:18 AM
Put me down as plus one...I'm good either day.
Thank you sir. First post updated.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:58 PM

30th for me with a +1. 29th is no good. Gotta bring out of town customers to a ball game. I would still like to dynamat the underneath of my rear deck to keep it from vibrating from my loud-ass exhaust. Thats all I need. Dennis you still have that dynamat or should I pick some up?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:13 PM

I'm in as long as Aldo comes. Either day is good, we'll bring whatever your little heart desires.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either day is fine for me.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by villain2000,Sep 6 2007, 03:58 PM
I would still like to dynamat the underneath of my rear deck to keep it from vibrating from my loud-ass exhaust. Thats all I need. Dennis you still have that dynamat or should I pick some up?
I'm not sure how much I have left. I'm planning to do under the seats (at a later date). I'm not going to put Phil through that mess at his "tech-day"

I'll double check for you Aldo. Bill may some left as well. Between the two of us, we should be able to hook you up. Keep in mind, this project takes some time. We may need Phil's bay for an hour or two to do it right.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:50 AM

30th it is, now known as the "Aldo Rule". And there should be no problem taking up a bay for an hour or so, Dennis. The garage is a decent size and the sun won't be so brutal by then, I'm sure, so even outside in the driveway should be tolerable. And I don't mind what you want to do, mess-wise. As long as I can get to work Monday by 7:00AM .

Maury and Paul, will you be by yourself you big studs?

Quick Reply: Stereo Tech Day, Pool Party No BS thread. 9/30/07