Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

S2KI Changes Ownership

Old 11-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck guys!

New owners, keep going in the same direction!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wishing all of you all the best & more success & growth for a greater, resourceful community!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Thanks for all the hard work guys
Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
IB Staff

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm Robb.

First, I'd like to congratulate Erik, Shelley, Rylan & J.P. for creating, building and maintaing such a incredible, and unique community! I look forward to working with all of you.

Thank you so much, for choosing Internet Brands to take care of your baby. We are really excited to add the community to our roster, and also to continue building upon what you created.

Some of you may already know me, or know of me, but for those who don't, here is a little background about myself. I have been a member here since 2001, I had a 2000, which my sister eventually took over.

I’m robb, aka ‘astro’ from AcuraZine. I helped start that site with a friend (soopa) way back in early 2000. We started a site (acura-cl.com) about a car that wasn’t even on the market yet. The 2001 Acura CL Type-S. Together we built that original site up, into what it is today, the largest Acura Resource on the internet. We sold the site to Internet Brands in late 2006/early 2007. Soopa transitioned away from the site, he had started a family, moved across the country, and was entering a new career. I started a relationship with IB at that time, going from working directly with 2 sites, to my current role where I'm responsible for our entire network of 90+ distinct, and incredible Automotive Communities. I work from home, in Barrie, Ontario. I am a community guy through and through, I was a moderator on Honda-Acura.net in 1999 & 2000 until it died. I've grown up on forums, just like many of you have.

I would like to assure all of you that none of us, have any intent of changing the make-up of the community. This means no moderator changes on our behalf, and no vendor changes if possible. Our accounts team has reached out to each of the vendors right already, introducing themselves, and explaining what we have to offer each of them. All existing vendors will be kept on at their current rates, so long as they remain onboard

I'd also like to share that S2KI has a very special place in my heart. My sister met her husband here, and without that, I wouldn't have an incredible 2.5yr old niece to spoil! So, thanks to all involved for creating an environment that allowed that to happen

I look forward to learning more about your community in the months, and years ahead!

cheers,
robb
Old 11-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Change is inevitable, necessary, and good... although not always easy. I hope the the transition goes smooth and is seamless for everyone. 1
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bouford
Originally Posted by Back-cracker' timestamp='1320691148' post='21135676
[quote name='AquilaEagle' timestamp='1320690975' post='21135666']
Erik, Shelley, Rylan and JP
Congratulations to you all on building such a fantastic institution over the past 11 years. You have served well and done an excellent job, sometimes in trying circumstances. Your dedication has always been second to none.

You have all been a pleasure to work with since I've been around the last 9 years I've been lucky enough to meet you all in person (except Shelley - maybe one day?) on several occasions, plus other significantly influential people involved with the site. I sincerely hope you all stick around to continue your love of the site and the one thing that keeps us all bonded together, the Honda S2000.

it's a bit emotional reading the announcement, I am sure everyone involved in S2KI will strive to keep S2KI as good as it ever has been.

And hello Robb it's nice to have you on board and we look forward to working with you.

Cheers

Ian

X2. Well said
x3.
[/quote]

x4
Bharat
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM

I know it's none of my business, but I am very curious as to what s2ki was sold for?
Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

You'll most likely never know since IB was bought out a year ago and is now a privately held company.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been kind of expecting this day would come. Seeing changes to something that has been such a big part of my life for many years is a bit scary. Heck, I followed Eric and Shelley here when the site started and met and became (online) friends with Shelley several months before the first S2000 hit our shores. While I'm somewhat sad to see the era end, I'm very happy for Erik, Shelley, Rylan and JP. You guys have all helped bring me many happy memories over the years and I've made many friends because of your work. I'm sure I will stay in touch with some of you for many years to come. Thank you all so much!

Robb and IB, I'm looking forward to at least another 11 years with you.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:45 PM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

Cheers to the original crew!
Cheers to the new crew!

Quick Reply: S2KI Changes Ownership