Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

3rd Annual Tombstone Drive - Sunday, December 28th

Old 11-26-2003, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF YOU SIGN UP AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE CLUB RECENTLY, PLEASE UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION USING THE MEMBERSHIP FORM ON www.s2000arizona.com - WITHOUT YOUR CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS YOU WON'T GET THE INFORMATION ON THE DRIVE EVEN IF YOU ARE SIGNED UP!

The club is going to Tombstone, Sunday, December 28th for our 3rd Annual Tombstone drive!

Every December for the past two years we have gone to Tombstone in December, keeping with tradition and trying to work with as many schedules as possible Sunday the 28th became the date. This also gives members a month to figure out if they can go and I will put this in the club newsletter going out this weekend.

NOTE: The route will be different than the past two years. THIS IS A FULL DAY DRIVE

Doc will have the signup changed on the club site soon. If you signed up before and can't make it now that the date has been set please let Doc or me know so we can remove your name.

Based on PMs this seemed like the best date for a lot of members.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-30-2003, 10:52 PM

I might be able to join you for this, but I'm curious about the details. Since this is on a Sunday, does that mean that it will be one day only, with no overnight stay? Are there any interesting roads to drive, or is this mainly a sightseeing cruise?

If I can make it, I might be able to bring my father, who lives in Phoenix. Thanks for the info!

Old 12-01-2003, 03:34 PM

Cbeyond,

Some basic info will be in the new newsletter on www.s2000arizona.com > EVENTS > CLUB NEWSLETTERS > December 2003

If you have other questions PM me.

-Jordan
Old 12-21-2003, 03:53 PM

So far we have 13 cars signed up for the drive - no signup deadline on this one folks - the restaurants in Tombstone haven't had a problem getting tables for us in the past.

If you are interested sign up - email will go out on Tuesday with the drive information. If you sign up after Tuesday OR want more info please PM me.

Thanks,
Jordan
Old 12-23-2003, 07:26 AM

Okay guys, I know this is last minute but I've been busy... holiday season and all. Anyway, in the confusion I have neglected to get new rears for my "S". I've been calling around the valley looking for someone with the 225/50W16 S02s in stock for a decent price. Most places need to order and, of course, no time left for that. My rears are bad enough now that, without new tires, it would not be safe for me to make the Tombstone run. Anyone have any info that could help?

Thanks,
Duane
Old 12-23-2003, 10:26 AM

You may have to bite the bullet and go directly to Bridgestone/Firestone. Discount
usually needs to order the tires.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TireRack should be able to get tires here in 2 days or less.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:18 PM

Discount in the Scottsdale Airpark had my tires in the wherehouse and available in one day.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:21 PM

OK guys..am bringing one of my single girlfriends along for the ride......but she won't be riding nekkid. She's looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:47 PM

Thanks for the info on the tires. I found a place close by my office called Tire Exchange. They cater to performance cars an sell wholesale to dealers and such, for the most part. But they also sell retail from their offices and can mount, balance, etc. Price wasn't too bad from what I can tell... $198 each for the rears, $427 for two, out the door, mounted and balanced. Darn near the final cost of the last set I got from Tire Rack after shipping and all the other install fees. See ya on the run!

Duane

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Tombstone Drive - Sunday, December 28th