Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should get what works for you. It doesn't matter what brand or reputation. Generally, authentic parts do fit and work better so that's why you tend to want them. I would rather pay a little more for something to fit right and not break down after 100 miles of use. This goes too far sometimes when prices are well above the justification given.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

yea the forums have been dead!

Going with what Elliot said, the S2000 is an old car. The parts we buy today for the car (real parts) do not do much in the way of helping the companies. Sure they make some money, but its not critical to the survival of the company. What is critical is new products/business, and unfortunately Honda is not giving these companies a new platform. SO, what I am getting at, and what I believe is that in a new market, its important to pay top dollar for people like J's, ASM, Spoon, etc to put their own resources into making products. Look at the top builds on the forums, most of them happened back when the S2000 was new. It was these people that paid the top dollar prices to get the parts made. Today we reap the benefit an have options. In the case of what comes first, the chicken or the egg, the real parts came first. Without people paying top dollar for big name companies to produce parts, there would be nothing to make a replica off.

Look at every modified car out there. When its new to the market, no parts exist. Few parts, typically expensive start trickling into the market, and typically people that have the means to buy a new car, can buy expensive parts. Its years down the road in most cases when used cars start showing up and the market (demographic) of owners changes. With that shift/change, replica companies swoop in and produce replicas at a cheaper cost to match what the new demographic demands, or can afford.

Look at the GTR. Still relatively new in the market, and I don't see many replica parts. Why? It takes a big company to invest in R&D etc etc to produce these parts. Couple that with the fact that most people that can afford a 85k car, can spend 3g on an exhaust. When used GTR prices start dipping and the owners demographic changes, we will start seeing more replica parts.

End of useless rant
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boofster
I think you should get what works for you. It doesn't matter what brand or reputation. Generally, authentic parts do fit and work better so that's why you tend to want them. I would rather pay a little more for something to fit right and not break down after 100 miles of use. This goes too far sometimes when prices are well above the justification given.
I agree with Ivan... Feezy we all know you won't put replica stuff on your car Too many examples remind me of why I get authentic stuff. Like the dood that cracked his replica wheels on his rsx during the canyon run was one, or Dan's replica exhaust... I don't mean to bash on anyone but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Crazyasianrice
I don't mean to bash on anyone but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Site Moderator

Received 350 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by Crazyasianrice' timestamp='1330460172' post='21459691
I don't mean to bash on anyone but you get what you pay for.
I agree but its to a point. Sorry but I just can't see what you are paying for on alot of parts. Case and point ASM floor mats. What the hell does 2, 4 foot piece of fabric cost $500? All they had to do was copy the OEM ones. R&d costs a lot less when you are only minorly altering what was factory on the car. IMO the only parts that have real R&D costs are things like turbos, SC, and major engine work since you are adding something to the car that was never there from the factory. Where as a fender for front bumper is much easier since you have the factory piece to work from. Same with the exhaust, intake, header etc etc etc.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://vimeo.com/37040456
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Site Moderator

Received 350 Likes on 304 Posts

I love that red porche. I could not believe what those things still cost if you want to buy one. The video quality is amazing the rolling shots almost look like a video game.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM

How much does it cost to buy a RWB?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved those vids
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Shit all over my balls. That red car is almost as rad as that guys hair.

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk