Community Organizers

Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
3en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. How does one become one?
By another Mod or Admin
2. How long do they stay a CO?
Till the 2nd coming
3. What responsibilities are they given?
To delete for sale threads by guests, $$$$$$/spam, CORRECT GRAMMAR and SPELLING errors
I have not ever met any of our COs, I have been to numerous meets and tech days. Certainly seems that they check the boards now and then, they do a good job enforcing S2ki rules etc..

Suggestions....

1. Is there any chance we would add an additional CO?
probably not
2. Should our current ones be replaced?
Yes- Simmy and Godfather come to mind
3. Could our current ones participate maybe a bit more? I'd like to meet you guys.
Anyone else curious about this? Im sure everyone that has been to a meet in the past year knows who the real COs are. I dont think they need the badge under their name, and they arent the type of guys that are searching for that type of glory. But it would be nice for the new people in town to know who to go to for meets and such!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:26 PM

^^Bingo! Same thoughts on the people you said.

Simmy has setup numerous events/meets and Godfather well he deserves it since he has over 200k on his S2000. That's well, Gangster
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM

Excellent thread Brandon. Replace the current one(s) if possible add godfather as the new one... Reason why im saying replace is, I feel that they have no interest within the community, I feel like its just come on here delete some stuff warn some people and thats it... If your "leading" the region or representing it you should at least know some of your local fellow s2k friends. Iv been around for about 2 years and no sign of ever hearing of one nor meeting one. Im glad you guys brought this back up. Godfather ftw, change is what we need!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Godfather and I had a talk about this yesterday. I don't know if I'd be down because I'd rather not make this into politics (i.e. If we deleted a guest's thread even though he was a good friend, or let some people slide but not others).

That said, I don't mind either. But I might dick around too much
Old 04-15-2010, 12:44 PM

I wouldn't mind doing this also. We need someone who is on here often and been around for awhile.

I really don't care who we pick. But if I need to be a CO I don't mind.

I have owned a Honda for 10 years now and my S2000 for almost 6 years. I am on here all the time M-F while at work and on my phone on the weekends.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM

See below a response directly from one of the Site Moderators. (Unedited)

Community Organizers are elected by the community. From time to time COs will step down or ask for more help in the busier communities and they'll hold open elections. For example see this thread from the Bay Area: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=757590

If for some reason you find that the current CO(s) aren't meeting the needs of the community you can talk to HondaGal to see if there's anything she can do to help you. She's the one who manages the CO and Moderator positions for us.

I hope that helps smile.gif
I propose we come up with a few candidates nominated by AZ members or themselves.

Then proceed with what the community thinks is best as a whole. It would be most helpful if the current CO's chimed in on their personal thoughts on this. Maybe they want to step down and pass the torch? Maybe they want to start participating?

I think there should be some thought put into this. Maybe have it that they are a paid member, they actively participate in some sort of AZ event once a month, actively ORGANIZING events or meets etc. Or even try to get it setup so that there is one CO for east and one for west. Perhaps even a third for the middle? Who knows, other chapters have three.....

They should probably be around for a few years so they know everyone and have a good feel for the AZ community over all.

I would personally nominate Godfather (Chris), Simmy, and CU@9k (John I believe?).
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by xeuxx,Apr 15 2010, 01:02 PM
See below a response directly from one of the Site Moderators. (Unedited)

I propose we come up with a few candidates nominated by AZ members or themselves.

Then proceed with what the community thinks is best as a whole. It would be most helpful if the current CO's chimed in on their personal thoughts on this. Maybe they want to step down and pass the torch? Maybe they want to start participating?

I think there should be some thought put into this. Maybe have it that they are a paid member, they actively participate in some sort of AZ event once a month, actively ORGANIZING events or meets etc. Or even try to get it setup so that there is one CO for east and one for west. Perhaps even a third for the middle? Who knows, other chapters have three.....

They should probably be around for a few years so they know everyone and have a good feel for the AZ community over all.

I would personally nominate Godfather (Chris), Simmy, and CU@9k (John I believe?).
That sounds cool man.

I agree on one for the East one for the West and perhaps a Tucson one?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Good point....

West, East, and Tucson sound great.

I PMd "Hondagal" for additional input and thoughts on this.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k,Apr 15 2010, 10:54 AM
I have been trying to get that darn AZ badge for a year now!!!
Funny how that AZ badge pops up magically.

For what it's worth though when I requested mine it was same day....
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM

Ahhh screw this. Lets just start a riot and destroy everything until we get what we want! CHAOS AND ANARCHY!

Quick Reply: Community Organizers