Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Discounted Track Day, Firebird Main

Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone doing friday? Unfortunately I have work on Saturday. I should be there with my S and a buddy with his NSX I'm pretty sure.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by booost02
Anyone doing friday? Unfortunately I have work on Saturday. I should be there with my S and a buddy with his NSX I'm pretty sure.
Friday will be a good day at the track, all the husbands avoiding the shopping lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Lol, I'm sure I'll run into some people then. I would rather be on West but I don't think I can pass up the deal!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Beside a tech safe car and race helmet what else is needed. I've never tracked the car so this seems like a good opportunity to learn.

This is a great opportunity to learn. The instructors (member since 2001 & former instructor with NASA & PRO) are there to teach/reinforce the information you learned in the classroom and to keep you and others safe. By the end of the day, you will be running faster than you ever have but...with a lot more knowledge of how to keep your car (and yourself) under control. FYI, this isn't a race and YOU control how fast you will go. You also control how high to rev the motor and the direction of your car. Unless you are a total nimrod or something on the car breaks, it is highly doubtful there will be any incidents. If you are vasillating about pulling the trigger...just do it. You will be hanging out with a lot of good folks and get 4 twenty minute sessions of adrenaline.

You will be in the student group so don't think you are going to set the track record. Just go have a blast! You might want to bring a change of underwear. Just kidding. I would encourage you to bring shade (I use an EZ up) a chair and lots of water. You can get food out there but again, bring your own.

I have to do the family thing in LA and will miss Saturday but plan to run on Sunday. If anyone needs anymore info, please feel free to contact me or see me on Sunday. (Black AP1 car) My right seat has been known to take passengers.

BTW...if you choose to sign up for 2 days, your learning curve and skill level will go up incredibly fast.

Last point: Robert forgot to tell you that all members get a FREE track day at the end of the year. If you sign up for this, you will be entitled to run the FREE day on December 8th at Firebird East.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JB34
Originally Posted by s2k4life_az' timestamp='1352867209' post='22149600
Beside a tech safe car and race helmet what else is needed. I've never tracked the car so this seems like a good opportunity to learn.

This is a great opportunity to learn. The instructors (member since 2001 & former instructor with NASA & PRO) are there to teach/reinforce the information you learned in the classroom and to keep you and others safe. By the end of the day, you will be running faster than you ever have but...with a lot more knowledge of how to keep your car (and yourself) under control. FYI, this isn't a race and YOU control how fast you will go. You also control how high to rev the motor and the direction of your car. Unless you are a total nimrod or something on the car breaks, it is highly doubtful there will be any incidents. If you are vasillating about pulling the trigger...just do it. You will be hanging out with a lot of good folks and get 4 twenty minute sessions of adrenaline.

You will be in the student group so don't think you are going to set the track record. Just go have a blast! You might want to bring a change of underwear. Just kidding. I would encourage you to bring shade (I use an EZ up) a chair and lots of water. You can get food out there but again, bring your own.

I have to do the family thing in LA and will miss Saturday but plan to run on Sunday. If anyone needs anymore info, please feel free to contact me or see me on Sunday. (Black AP1 car) My right seat has been known to take passengers.

BTW...if you choose to sign up for 2 days, your learning curve and skill level will go up incredibly fast.

Last point: Robert forgot to tell you that all members get a FREE track day at the end of the year. If you sign up for this, you will be entitled to run the FREE day on December 8th at Firebird East.
Well said! I did forget about the free track day! This deal just keeps getting sweeter!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I signed up for Saturday. Thanks for the information everyone. I'm looking forward to it. It will be a good learning experience for me. After all, that's why I bought the CR...to enjoy it on the track as well as the street.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 AM

Anyone sign up for Friday?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 AM

So lets recap here, for $100 you get the following:

1. Full track day with a instructor
2. 2013 ProAutoSports license to get future track days for $135-$145
3. All you can run timed Auto-X (Saturday)
4. Free track day on Firebird East track on Dec 8th

This is it guys! Just do it!!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

This is def an incredible deal! Thank you again Robert. I am going to plan on attending the Dec 8th track day as well!!!

I will be bringing 3 chairs with me (as thats all I have) and will either pack a cooler, or have Jenn come around lunch time and bring a cooler with food and drinks. I could possibly ask her to pick up a bunch of food for everyone. Maybe put together a food order and just bring money to pay her back. Thinking of maybe Jersey Mikes or something simple. If anyone sounds interested in putting together a group food order let me know.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sativa lover
Anyone sign up for Friday?

I intend to be there on friday

Quick Reply: Discounted Track Day, Firebird Main