Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

How to get a hold of UMS

Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get a hold of UMS

Anyone know how to get in touch with UMS? I went there yesterday around 4 and the front door was locked and no one seems to answer the phone. I'd like to talk to them regarding arranging a tuning appointment and a few questions as to my setup.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they are out to Global Time Attack or something.

You can email them at info@umstuning.com or hit their FB page http://www.facebook.com/umstuningaz
Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 PM

Why don't you call travis @ SRP tuning? He just got his brand new dyno last week. Only tuner I trust these days.

https://www.facebook.com/SRPTuning
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 PM

Thanks Ivan, I'll just leave them a voicemail or try next week. I don't need the appointment for another month or so, once the engine is in my car.

I prefer to go to Tony since I know a lot of the locals have gone to him and he's down the block from me. It's going to be a K series engine so there are other well known names in the area I'd go to if I can't get in with UMS
Old 01-30-2014, 08:00 PM

I only go with Tony.

You will get a different opinion about every shop in town depending who you ask.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:44 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Tony and UMS FTW!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:13 AM

I've never heard of him, I'll have to look into him. Although it's not likely as I still have a couple parts on order then have to find time to drop the engine in and seat the rings. And that's assuming I don;t run into any unforeseen issues.

I'm not set on Tony, I just know he has a solid reputation in the area and is 3 blocks from me. I wanted to go down there and talk to him to get a feel for his experience with the K since this is the first one I've built and have a few concerns regarding my compression, cam and fuel plans.

Thanks for all the responses though guys, I'll certainly look into Vitt.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by booost02
I'm not set on Tony, I just know he has a solid reputation in the area and is 3 blocks from me. I wanted to go down there and talk to him to get a feel for his experience with the K since this is the first one I've built and have a few concerns regarding my compression, cam and fuel plans.
I tried to do the same thing when I was looking for a tuner for my car. When I walked into UMS every question I asked was responded to with "$600 and we'll take care of it". The office manager has no interest in talking to my about specifics or details. That's a major part of the reason I elected not to go with UMS.

I had Vit tune my car, and I'm very pleased. I'd like to echo Ben's comments about him. He spent several weeks going back and forth with me in emails about what I wanted to do with the car, the set up that I was running, and what he would need. He emailed me base-maps before he got on the place so that I could get the car idling and ready to go so that when we got here he could start right away. I have heard that sometimes he is difficult to get a hold of as well, but I have never had an issue.

There are pros and cons either way you go. If you go with Tony he has a dyno already there and you can do everything on site. You give him the money, and you get a running car back with dynos. If you go with Vit his fee is drastically lower than UMS's but you have to pay for dyno time and most likely travel expenses.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Touge_S2k
Some locals are trying to get another dyno day going in the next month or so to fly Vitt out here again. It might be the perfect timing for your project? Vitt's expertise is in Kpro/K-series engines too. PM sent

looking forward to it. keep me posted
Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I am guessing Jeremy doesn't work at UMS anymore and/or sold his S2000? I haven't seen him post anything in a long time.

Quick Reply: How to get a hold of UMS