Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Introduce yourself here

Old 02-18-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa84
Hello my name is Ricky. Im old (30) and I drive a Honda!

Will be out to meets/drives soon. New clutch going in next week.
Haha, that's three red AP2 all rocking 18'in LM's locally now.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Im a lot older, and still love driving my Honda.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fokker
Originally Posted by xocdb87' timestamp='1424057693' post='23507079
Hi I'm Brian Cox. Im looking to purchase my first s2000 in the next month or two.

I live in Tucson and I'm curious if theres anyone around with an S2 with aftermarket seat and rails (or stock, preferably the former since i imagine i will probably need to do this if i end up with one) installed that would be willing to let me sit in it and gauge my fitment.

I'm 6'5" 180lbs even leg/torso proportions. Looked at a few threads about fitment and it seems like my height shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just want to be sure.

Thanks
You could check with Nate (1nate7). He's about your height and has aftermarket seats and rails in his car.
Thanks for the tip Fokker . I actually managed to find one at a dealer in town and test drove it today (stock seats). I gotta say it's just an amazing car to drive! fitment is not an issue at all either. I can see how the new seat/rails mod would make it even better. Guess I have some hunting to do now. I look forward to posting a picture once I procure one.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1nate7
Welcome. There are actually quite a few of us with aftermarket seats. I have Recaro Pole Position, Chris has a Bride (not sure what model), and the other Nate/Blaine have Buddy Club. It sounds like you are skinny enough that you would fit just about any of them.

What area are you located?
Thanks Nate. I'm located by Kolb/Tanque Verde area on the central east side. It felt great to drive one today (Jim click had one in the used dept.) I think i found a nice 2008 near Sacramento. Gonna try and get up there soon to pick it up. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys around once I pick up mine. any specific tips/things to look at when picking up a used S2?
Old 02-18-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
This car has been in Tucson for some time and has been out to a few meets. I remember when it was for sale about 5 years ago at Chapman used cars because it was actually a really good deal considering it had an OEM hardtop at that time in addition to the BBS wheels and Bilstein suspension. At least one of the previous owners kept it fairly clean.

Welcome Ricky! If 30 is old then I'M: Are you in Tucson or Phoenix?

Originally Posted by xocdb87
Thanks for the tip Fokker . I actually managed to find one at a dealer in town and test drove it today (stock seats). I gotta say it's just an amazing car to drive! fitment is not an issue at all either. I can see how the new seat/rails mod would make it even better. Guess I have some hunting to do now. I look forward to posting a picture once I procure one.
Nice! I am glad it worked out, good to hear the stock seats are passable. I think in the long run you will be happier with an aftermarket seat although maybe not if you are going to daily drive it. There is an aftermarket rail (Backyard Special) for stock seat that drops 20mm, may or may not be enough to make a difference for you. Good luck with the purchase, I'm sure I will see you around sometime. Also, I'm on the far east side so it wouldn't be too hard to meet up if you want to check out the seats.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by Circa84' timestamp='1424276308' post='23510494

Lol, another member to the club. Perhaps I need to look at selling my wheels... Kidding, 18" LMs look so right on the S. Welcome Ricky!

Old 02-18-2015, 06:03 PM

Thanks guys.

I'm in Phoenix and yeah I pick up from a guy in Tucson. Love it so far! Its getting a fresh clutch, ACT flywheel and HD PP hopefully next week. Going to have Madhav install.

Yeah LM's are timeless however I wouldn't mind trading for Volks/Works if anyone is interested.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks guys.

I'm in Phoenix and yeah I pick up from a guy in Tucson. Love it so far! Its getting a fresh clutch, ACT flywheel and HD PP hopefully next week. Going to have Madhav install.

Yeah LM's are timeless however I wouldn't mind trading for Volks/Works if anyone is interested.
I wonder if that's the same car that used to show up to Cars and Coffee down here all the time.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1nate7
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1424284306' post='23510727
This car has been in Tucson for some time and has been out to a few meets. I remember when it was for sale about 5 years ago at Chapman used cars because it was actually a really good deal considering it had an OEM hardtop at that time in addition to the BBS wheels and Bilstein suspension. At least one of the previous owners kept it fairly clean.

Welcome Ricky! If 30 is old then I'M: Are you in Tucson or Phoenix?

Originally Posted by xocdb87
Nice! I am glad it worked out, good to hear the stock seats are passable. I think in the long run you will be happier with an aftermarket seat although maybe not if you are going to daily drive it. There is an aftermarket rail (Backyard Special) for stock seat that drops 20mm, may or may not be enough to make a difference for you. Good luck with the purchase, I'm sure I will see you around sometime. Also, I'm on the far east side so it wouldn't be too hard to meet up if you want to check out the seats.
I'll definitely take you up on the offer sometime. I do plan on driving it semi-daily but i do ride my bicycle to work most days as I live about a half mile from my job. Guess I'll have to sit in some different seats to see if a there's one I could be comfy in long term. Thanks for all the help. See ya 'round man.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 AM

Is there an active local FB group as well?

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here