Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Mix 96.9

Old 10-09-2006, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Mix 96.9

For those of you who listen to Mix 96.9, did anybody hear what happened this morning?

Apparently one of the people @ the station had to run an errand and decided to take the station van. Well he stopped to get some coffee, and left the keys in the van. Someone then decided to steal the van. Unfortunately, there was also $10,000 in cash in the van for prize money for listeners for their little contests.

Later, they found the van @ 44th street & thomas; the van was trashed and the money was gone, and there were tons of notes in the van saying all the same thing: "I have your money, you'll hear from me soon."

About 20 minutes ago (9:55-ish AM), the guy called with a voice changer, saying that mix 96.9 has to play by his rules, and that he will give them clues for them to figure out who he is. If Mix 96.9 tries to trace his calls, any "funny business", the guy will walk away with the money. Their current task is to ask everyone the mix 96.9 crew meets "Are you the mix 96.9 $10,000 fugitive?". The guy said he will call at 9am, 11am, 3pm and 5pm, i believe everyday until they figure out who he is.

This is all happening live on the air.

It sucks that some jerk has to be an ignorant piece of........blah. I hope they catch the guy who's playing these stupid little games!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smell publicity stunt.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Yeah sucks.

The guy claimed to be calling at 11, so in about 15 minutes he should be on the air again, we'll see what happens
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 AM

I didn't hear any of that but I can guarantee it is a publicity stunt. These events would only happen in some marketing genius' head.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM

Let's think this one through...

Pieces of the puzzle:
-Someone decides to take the company van on an errand rather than personal vehicle
-They happen to leave keys in the van.
-Someone sees the opportunity and steals the van by chance.
-That same someone decides to leave notes for the police with his handwriting all over them and probably his fingerprints too since he wrote so many and probably didn't have the time to wipe the van down
-The guy is willing to call up the radio station and offers to give up his identity if they play along... (voice changers are pretty common now, but so is technology to reverse the effect easily and radio stations have both...)

Obviously, after you take all of the clues and put the pieces together, you come up with one simple conclusion -

this must be the Baseline Killer at work.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:32 PM

publicity stunt.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:10 PM

Hmmm...I've made sure i've been tuned in for every time this guy is supposed to call, just to follow what's going on. I'm getting angry because the more i listen, and follow what's being said themore I start to develop my own opinion of what i think is going on.

I'm not too sure about the publicity stunt. However, why would they put all this on the air? I'm starting to think that the prize money is indeed $10,000 to the listener who wins whatever little contest they have. Unfortunately, its starting to sound like the contest IS simply finding this guy. He will indeed turn out to be someone either FROM the radio station, or hand-selected BY the radio station to perform this stunt. The person to find him roaming around in the valley and asks him the question he wants to hear ("Are you the Mix 96.9 $10,000 Fugitive?"), will win the prize: $10,000.

I like the station, but if that is what's going on, that's a pretty lame and stupid!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:33 PM

^Are you the Mix 96.9 $10,000 Fugitive?

How can you not tell this is a ridiculous stunt. This guy committed felony theft and is working on an extortion charge and you think he would be willing to give the money back as long as you ask nicely? Do you own a home? If not, I have some oceanfront property in Goodyear to sell ya!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:49 PM

They did exactly what they wanted to do, they kept you listening.

Remember, the Baseline killer is still on the loose...FEAR for your life!!!

This is what the media does, draw in advertising dollars by getting you hooked on something...they run a business - not a charity.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:53 PM

Also, how many other radio stations, non-Clear Channel, that are broadcasting the story? When a newscaster gets a DUI like Liz Habib did, she was ALL over the other channels. When the weather woman from 3 shoplifted...all over the other channels.

This would be the funniest thing to me if I ran a TV station - interviewing the idiot who lost the van and then only mentioned that they were from "A local radio station." I wouldn't even put the station ID on the broadcast...

Quick Reply: Mix 96.9