Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Stay Away From Peoria Acura!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to add some important information.

My family member was preapproved for financing at a dollar amount WAY above the negotiated price of the car by American Honda. It was almost like once they saw the preapproved dollar amount (right before leaving) they knew she could afford a higher dollar amount and tried their best to screw her over. A deposit was left at the dealership before going to the doctor's appointment.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDavid,Nov 13 2009, 07:13 AM
Forgot to add some important information.

My family member was preapproved for financing at a dollar amount WAY above the negotiated price of the car by American Honda. It was almost like once they saw the preapproved dollar amount (right before leaving) they knew she could afford a higher dollar amount and tried their best to screw her over. A deposit was left at the dealership before going to the doctor's appointment.
I tried that trick too with pre approval from AHFC...
Funny thing is they still played me and took me SSN to run credit again and scam me on the numbers..lol
Not that it really matters but the pre approval was honestly a waste of time
I might as well of brought a letter in from my mom vouching for me
You never want the dealer to know your $ limits

Thats why I liked the capital one process
They approved me for a set amount of dollars and gave me a blank check
You just have to go to an approved dealer "which is just about any new car dealer"
Plus they gave me a great rate!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about that crap.

As a friend use to tell me, the difference between a car dealership and brokerage house is that the people at the dealership are not required to get a license before stealing your money

I remember when there was only Two Acura locations in AZ outside of Tucson. That crap didn't happen when i bought mine from what was then Scottsdale Acura on McDowell.

Good with with the next dealership.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by S2KVITO,Nov 12 2009, 11:27 PM
Van Tile Store... End of Story.
This is the key. Van Tile is one of the most unethical, corrupt, vile businessmen in the Southwest, in my opinion.

Not all salespeople are scum, and after being in car sales for almost 5 years, I can proudly say that I have strived for the very best in customer satisfaction. I have also worked with the best in my field, from other sales people, to finance managers, and the rest of the support staff.

AZDavid, I'm very sorry that this series of events has happened to you. Whenever I hear about things like this, it makes my blood boil that they (Van Tile Organization) are furthering the stereotypes about car salesmen and dealerships abroad. All I can say is that if you are looking for a car with the best possible treatment, go to a Penske store. Roger Penske cares A LOT about the level of customer service provided at his dealerships, and goes to great lengths (quickly) to get issues resolved. I've seen it happen.

I realize you are trying to get the best deal possible, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. And if you have to pay a little more to get the best service possible, then I'd say its absolutely worth it, just to be able to avoid an experience like AZDavid's here.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Acura Customer Service in California was not happy about the dealership after I took an hour and a half to tell them all the details of the situation.

Let's see what comes of it...
Old 11-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by 4WHLBKE,Nov 13 2009, 11:47 AM
This is the key. Van Tile is one of the most unethical, corrupt, vile businessmen in the Southwest, in my opinion.

Not all salespeople are scum, and after being in car sales for almost 5 years, I can proudly say that I have strived for the very best in customer satisfaction. I have also worked with the best in my field, from other sales people, to finance managers, and the rest of the support staff.

AZDavid, I'm very sorry that this series of events has happened to you. Whenever I hear about things like this, it makes my blood boil that they (Van Tile Organization) are furthering the stereotypes about car salesmen and dealerships abroad. All I can say is that if you are looking for a car with the best possible treatment, go to a Penske store. Roger Penske cares A LOT about the level of customer service provided at his dealerships, and goes to great lengths (quickly) to get issues resolved. I've seen it happen.

I realize you are trying to get the best deal possible, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. And if you have to pay a little more to get the best service possible, then I'd say its absolutely worth it, just to be able to avoid an experience like AZDavid's here.
Listen to Graham He's gotta be the most chill sales man ever and a cool dude outside of work too. I worked in sales for a Van Tile run store I had to resign it was a s#*tshow honestly. Different companies take different approaches on making money but I can tell you that Van tile has alot to do with your bad experence. Man Earnhardt Honda Scratched Adams hood now Peoria Acura were running outta dealers! SOS here we come! hahaahah
Old 11-13-2009, 04:28 PM

I have had the same thing happen to me once.. I bought the car from another dealer 2 hrs away for a better price drove back to that dealer that was an ass walked into the dealerships managers office told him I wanted him to come look at something. Walked out showed him the car, told him I will make sure nobody I know ever buys a car from his dealership! Then I got in the car and left... I never bought another car from them... I did purchase 5 over the years and have 6 people drive 2 hrs and buy from the Acura dealer I liked.. I still get personal christmas cards from that dealerships managers family.. and yes it is a real card not a pre printed crap card.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by watchdogd,Nov 13 2009, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear about that crap.

As a friend use to tell me, the difference between a car dealership and brokerage house is that the people at the dealership are not required to get a license before stealing your money

I remember when there was only Two Acura locations in AZ outside of Tucson. That crap didn't happen when i bought mine from what was then Scottsdale Acura on McDowell.

Good with with the next dealership.
I got my ITR from Scottsdale Acura on McDowell - traded in my GSR. Signed the deal on Saturday eve, drove home - happy. Sunday 7AM I get a call on my cell from the dealership finance office telling me that there was a mutual mistake regarding the contract and that I needed to drive in to write them a check for $1700 more. I asked what the mistake was and the finance person did not want to tell me - I told them I would not drive in until I fully understood what the "mutual mistake" was. Couple more harrassing calls Sunday, then again Monday, Tuesday, etc..

Finally Tuesday I asked to speak the general manager - he informs me that the sales manager miscalculate the trade-in value of my car and that the difference was $1700. I explain that that is not a mutual mistake but rather a on-sided mistake. He asks me if I would be willing to split the difference - I tell him that I will not.

FFWD to Saturday - get another call, again asking me to come in and pay the $1700. I tell them that I drove the car to British Columbia on vacation and that it now has 2500 miles on it. By the time I return in 2 weeks it will have another 3500 miles on it. I told them that if they call me again I will bring the car back, they can refund my money and return my car, and I will take my business elsewhere.

Never got another call.

I only work with fleet and internet sales folks now.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

lol... That's funny ^^^
Old 11-14-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm not sure why ANYONE would deal with the regular floor sales guys these days anyways.

Your option is either to gather information online, decide on a color, get a list of who has that color, ask those few dealers for their best price.....then go with the best deal, shake their hand, sign some papers, leave with your car.....

or...

Show up, just wanting to look around, get hassled by someone who chances are knows less about the car than you after that 14 second peek at it.....play the back and forth game from MSRP or higher...and be lucky to get halfway to the internet sales department price.

This is exactly why I was an internet sales department manager with Honda for a few years back in Chicago. I didn't want to waste my time trying to make like $500 on a car by pissing off the customers......getting yelled at by the sales manager for not screwing them enough.....and dealing with that crap for like 6 hours of an 8 or 9 hour day on one deal.

It made a lot more sense to have a set price, answer 95% of their questions through 2 or 3 emails....and my time at work consisted of actually trying to schedule my appointments so the day went smoothly instead of sprinting to the next poor soul that opened their car door on the lot.

The only downside to the internet department I had was when they allowed me to pre-sell the 2000-2001 Odysseys, I managed to presell and collect deposits on 38 of the 42 inbound vans. At MSRP then, that was about $1000-1200 commission each.....so I was excited.

Apparently all the regular salesmen were sad, and they bitched until all my deals were equally split up amongst them (no half deal for me on the ones they were given)...

But yeah.... shop online and skip over the other 1950s era sales crap.

Quick Reply: Stay Away From Peoria Acura!