Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Aahh Crap

Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aahh Crap

Heres the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvdaMMrmkF8

And the driver's story
The corner worker's professionalism and skills were FAR superior to any other event i have attended. As for me I'll try to be back but I honestly don't know if i will be able to race again and stay married. One other thing I wanted to throw out there that most of you probably know but I never really though of as a rookie....one of the first things you should do when learning a new track is to evaluate every medium and high speed corner and study the terrain and features of the run off area and ask yourself...what should i do at this corner if i can't stop, either from complete brake failure or just coming in a bit to hot? I would think more times than not the answer would be to run off in a straight line. Maybe consciously studying these run off areas would counteract your instinct to try to make the turn. As for me, I vaguely knew that a sand trap called china beach was down there (run off area is down hill so hard to see much of it) but never payed attention to how massive it was or what layed beyond it (big tire wall). I think in the heat of the moment i was subconsciously thinking a concrete wall was lurking someone down there so my instinct told me to turn or die which initiated the infamous cartwheel effect.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 AM

damn that sucks..... bad
Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM

Oops! that dude KILLED that fence!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that made my stomach churn. it is crazy how easy it is to misjudge a corner like that. I feel bad for the dude.hope he can get back into it and glad to see he made it ok