Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Android DOES!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Android DOES!

Sucks ballz...
No but really:

So as most of yall know I made the switch to Verizon. The need for better service and expansive 3G coverage was much needed as traveling around I was left with AT&T's Edge service which was about as fast a 5000lbs lead sled with a 1.8L SOHC stuck in it. That being said Verizon didnt have the iPhone and after much searching I decided to branch out into the Android platform. I hoped onto the Droid X which is very appealing 4.3IN high def screen, 1 GHz processor and of course Froyo 2.2. Initially I was very impressed I love the screen size coming from the iPhone 4, the clarity however wasnt there compared to the Retina display. Also appealing was the fact I didnt need to be jailbroken, the market place at my finger tips I was able to download apps at will and make changes to the substrate. THIS WAS GREAT!!! By the end of the first night I still rooted my handset I love being able to mod and overclocking was a must as there was still a delay in menu transitions. Rooted I was and by the end of the night I had her overclocked to a whooping 1.35GHz and ATK (advance task Killer) to keep my memory clean. As the first day ended I was happy. Second day came and things started appearing differently, few battery pulls constant memory kills, and delays when texting, I started to feel like I was on an iPhone 3G. Tabbed browsing was also on the droid but it took to many buttons to make it happen rather then the flick of the thumb with the iPhone. I started trying to think it was maybe something from the root, overclock, 3rd party app. So to be fair I whipped it clean. With no apps installed and no modifications I began my testing. The phone at first acted like the beast it should be but as time went on that day I was back in the same boat. Though the native multitasking on the Android was great it seemed like it was overworking the hardware. I thus began to root again and overclock, it seemed to help and made the phone operate as it should. Battery life tended to suffer but it was expected, I was asking the phone to do more without compensating with a bigger battery.

Well the snow day came and here comes the fun part.. Started taking videos and after about the 4th one I went back to watch them and what do you know it saved the file incorrectly and couldn't play it let alone detect it as a file type period. Even after moving the files over to the computer and changing the file extensions I had no luck for all i know it saved the file as a .shit. That had me pretty flustered since I had some good footage with the kids I will NEVER get back. To add fuel to the fire there has been several other instances were I have attempted to start the camera and there has been a delay to the point where it took the patience that was in me from throwing the phone at the concrete. Over the weekend I didn't even want to touch my phone the sloppiness of the menus and the delay of programs as well as the lack of apps in the market place had me regretting my decision. The only thing that has kept me going is the clearness of the call and the 3G service that seems to follow me wherever I have gone.

Today was my final day I use my phone for work, GPS, taking pictures of customer products, and sending email non stop. Well it was embarrassing but while dealing with a customer today and taking picture of a product for the customer the camera app refused to open. Then the text messaging app crashed on the phone and everytime I would attempt to open it, it would explain to me that the app had crashed and forced shut down of it. By lunch time the phone application was given me errors of use. I was about done with it about two more battery pulls today and I would have gone to a primal state of flinging dookie at Verizon employees. I was hacked and with that being said. On the 10th of this month I am marching my A$$ back into Verizon and getting an iPhone sent to me. In all of the time of the ownership with my iPhones they have done everything above and beyond what I wanted. Being jailbroken makes the experience twenty times better, with the exception of overclocking the iPhone 4 does it all. Sorry just had to vent as me and this Droid play Russian roulette with a glass of water....
Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Feb 7 2011, 08:55 PM
I was about done with it about two more battery pulls today and I would have gone to a primal state of flinging dookie at Verizon employees.
LOL ROFL

but i agree, at&t sucks where i am. i happen to be on the edge of the 3G area. Quite literally. in my apartment, i could be one room with signal and then go in the other room with non signal. i first thought it was b/c i was inside, but even if i walk out side into the parking lot, the same would happen. iphone is a great phone or smart phone, at&t just make it a bad phone.

hey what was the fix for those with the first iphone 4 who kept on dropping calls?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:49 PM

Lol. Bumper case sir. Although they did a test on Verizon the iphone held 5out of 5 calls. Yet on art dropped 3 Outta 5
Old 02-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where is a good place to pick on up?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from Andy lol
Old 02-08-2011, 05:25 AM

True since Andy does carry iPhone 4. On a real note I never had a problem with the iPhone 4 dropping phone calls it was really just ATT sir.