Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Arkansas S2000 Run

Old 09-15-2003, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arkansas S2000 Run

For those of you that do not know, the Ark-La-Tex Club has not had a function in months and I am not even sure it still exists. However, there are several of the ex members that still like to get together once in a while.
Hopefully one of those occasions will be this coming October or early November. We are trying to put together a run to Arkansas during the fall colors. Plans are to arrange the trip so that those who can only make a one day run can and those who want to make a two day run can do that.
Hopefully we can all meet at Broken Bow, Ok and proceed from there to Beavers Bend State Park. From there we would drive to the beginning of the Talimena Trail in Ok. and on to Mena, Ar. That should pretty well make a full day.
For those who wish to make a two day trip, the second day's run will take in Magazine Mountain in Ar.
Because its difficult to know how soon the leaves will color and we can't plan too far ahead for nice weather, notice of the trip will be short.
For those who are interested, including sports car enthusiasts not owning an S2000, please send me a private message. I will keep everyone informed as plans progress.
This should be a fun event and a chance to make new friends.
Thank you,
Hal
Old 09-26-2003, 08:23 AM

See details here
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=151907
Old 10-21-2003, 06:38 PM

For those of you who missed the Arkansas Run and would like to see some of the pictures, check out the North Texas S2000 Owners link, this site.
Also, Dee and I are planning to run the route again the weekend of November 1st and 2nd. If you are interested, please PM me.
Hopefully the leaf colors well be brighter.
I want to thank those who attended the last run. It was a blast!!!!!!!!!!
We really enjoyed meeting a great bunch of people from the Dallas area.

Hal & Dee